C h a p t e r [45]

"Correct!" Lori says and everybody cheered.

Shawn failed to control himself and eventually smiles a little and showed everyone that he's a person, too. Just a real jerk. His smile made every girl scream, and funny to say, boys too.
They're not even on the half of the scores of the previous pairs but everyone seems to be on their side.

Karen picks again and Lori does the unrolling and whispering.

"Next pick.. Category, Movie!" She says.

Karen did a two syllables sign and slit her neck with her finger and acted like she died.

"D-Dead?"

She nods, next, she made a round shape in the air and covered her nose and jumped."

"Dead.. Dive?"

She shook her head and repeated the action.

"Swim? Jump? Water? Pool?"

Karen points her finger to him, signaling that he has got the right answer.

"Dead Pool? DEAD POOL!" Shawn sings a little too high in excitement.

Everyone clapped and the games continues until the score is 4. One more guess, if this fails, then we just lost two games and the prize wouldn't be for us to choose but for the teachers. It'd be medals for sure but I'm pretty sure my group would want an out of town prize.

"One last pick. If Shawn will get this right, then they're the winners who will get the chance to pick their rewards but if they don't, then it's just the medals, alright. Now, let us begin! Karen, please pick your last paper."

My hands are locked together. Hoping, praying.

Luke pokes me, "You look more like you're the one playing and not them." He tries to joke.

I chuckle slightly, "I'm just a little nervous. We all made our parts and it's just right for us get that prize for a trip out of town."

"Exactly. Well," he breathes in, "They'll win that thing, don't worry too much."

I nod, "They will.. thanks."

"Last pick. Category, Human related. Now I know this category wasn't in the previous picks but this's supposed to be either the easiest or the hardest one." Lori whispers to Karen and so, the gestures begin.

She points to her heart.

"Heart?" Shawn sings.

She shakes her head, points into it again and made a heart shape.

"Wait.." he paused for a moment, looks at the crowd like he's looking for something or someone.

"15 seconds left!" Tippy says.

My group starts to panic, saying his name to put his focus back into the game, then suddenly, he looks at us; relieved, after seeing the group. His eyes flew to where I'm standing. Thought he's looking at the person behind me but seems like he's not.

He stares at me.

"5 seconds, Shawn!" Tippy says a little exaggerated.

He held the microphone and said, "Is it.. love?"

"Is he.. looking at you?" Luke asks in a jealous tone.

I shrug but I know his eyes are on me. Acer's behind me, it's impossible he's looking at him. Or is he..?

"Love is.. CORRECT!" Tippy says and the crowd goes wild.

I covered my mouth as I jump happily. The prize is ours! Karen runs in the middle and jumped in utmost happiness.