Chapter 8-Trees

NEVERLAND12:30PM

NEVERLAND
12:30PM

"Were you as unimpressed with your collaborators on We Are The World as it looked like you were?"

Michael looks at her in slight surprise as he looks up at the woman in the tree, "What do you mean?"

"On the behind the scenes, it looked like you were totally annoyed and wanted everyone else to shut up."

"I wasn't annoyed," Michael giggles, climbing up the tree to be next to her, "I was shocked by how they were singing the song. It just wasn't how I imagined it to be."

"Okay," Athena laughs, "You looked very unimpressed."

"I've been wanting to write my own version," Michael shrugs, a sudden sneaky idea popping into his head, "Do you want to record it with me?"

"I told you already, I don't sing."

"Please?" Michael says, "I'll call Quincy and everything! I'm invested in getting you to sing again."

"I'm not." Athena sighs, "It's just not in me anymore."

"I've made it my mission to get a tune out of your mouth," Michael says in all seriousness, "I'm more determined than you think."

"You don't even know my voice type."

"Let me guess," Michael says, sitting up more on the couch, "Alto?"

"No."

"Contralto?"

"No."

"Tenor?"

"No."

"Then what is it?" Michael asks as he sits up, turning his body to face her, "Here, I have an idea."

"What?"

"Sing for me."

"What?"

"Sing for me."

"That's not....no."

"Oh, come on," Michael says, looking at her with gentle eyes, "I know you can. Just sing for me."

"No."

"What if I sing with you?"

"I don't know...." Athena says, suddenly very shy, "Just listen to a Sorelle song and you'll hear my voice."