Chapter 34-Twisted Ache

Athena was lying on the couch in Neverland Valley Ranch when she felt a terrible ache in her stomach

Athena was lying on the couch in Neverland Valley Ranch when she felt a terrible ache in her stomach. The horrible twisting and churning that came with Mother Nature's calling. Her lower stomach felt like it was being poked and prodded and she would even go as far as to say stabbed, by needles and knives.

Athena groaned and sighed, rolling off the couch, "Not again..." she whined as she slowly made her way to the bathroom, "Please don't be happening here." she said, pleading that her body had not been dripping blood when she was at Michael's house instead of her own, "Please no."

And much to her dismay, Athena found an unpleasant sight awaiting her in her underwear. Blood everywhere.

Athena's heart sank as she stared at the crimson stain, her hands trembling with a mixture of fear and frustration. She had prayed for this day to hold off a little longer, for it to not catch her unaware in a place where she felt vulnerable and exposed.

With a heavy sigh, Athena cleaned herself up and put a bunch of toilet paper in her underwear to hopefully subdue the bleeding until she could get home. She didn't want to concern anyone with what happened, so she was planning on leaving without a word about the occurrence.

"Michael!" Athena called once, unsure how he would react or if she should even tell him. How would Michael Jackson react to a period? When he didn't answer, Athena made her way to the front door.

As she reached for the doorknob, a gentle hand landed on her shoulder, causing Athena to jump in surprise. She turned around to find Michael standing there, his expression soft and understanding.

"I heard you calling," he said softly, his eyes filled with concern as he noticed the distress on Athena's face. Without a word, he pulled her into a warm embrace, letting her lean into him for support, "What's wrong?"

"I...I, um..." Athena trailed off, "Nothing. I just need to head home..."

"Mhm. You should probably know....there's red on the back of your pants," Michael muttered in her ear.

"Oh, my gosh," Athena widened her eyes, recoiling away from him, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" she added, "Oh my gosh, I was on your couch! What if there's blood on the—"

Michael gently placed a finger against Athena's lips, silencing her rambling with a warm smile. "Athena, it's okay. Don't worry about any of that. Sit down, let me take care of you," he said, leading her back to the couch where she had been lying in discomfort just moments ago, "You don't need to be ashamed of it."

Athena hesitated, feeling a mix of embarrassment and gratitude at Michael's caring demeanor. She allowed herself to sink into the comfort of the cushions as Michael disappeared into another room, returning with a box of tissues and a glass of water, "Michael, I-"

"It's okay, Athena. Just relax," Michael said, his voice soothing and gentle as he handed her the glass of water.

Athena took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing thoughts as she sipped the water. She couldn't believe how understanding Michael was about the situation. It was a side of him she hadn't seen before, a vulnerability that made her feel closer to him.