Chapter 59-The Tables Get Turned

Athena raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued by the prospect of being the subject of her brother's tale for once

Athena raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued by the prospect of being the subject of her brother's tale for once. "Oh, do tell, Kayden. I'm sure it can't top the raccoon incident."

Kayden leaned back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he prepared to share his own embarrassing story about Athena, "Alright, so picture this—it was Halloween night, and Athena here thought it would be a brilliant idea to scare me while I was in the shower. So there I was, minding my own business and enjoying a nice, warm shower after a long day," Kayden began, relishing in the opportunity to turn the tables on his sister.

Athena's eyes widened in realization as she remembered the incident Kayden was about to recount. "Oh no, not that story," she groaned, already feeling the embarrassment creeping up on her.

Michael leaned in eagerly, curious to hear about Athena's misadventures this time, "I can't wait to hear this one," he said with a grin.

Kayden continued with a dramatic flair, "So there I was, minding my own business, enjoying a nice warm shower after a long day. And suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear this blood-curdling scream coming from the other side of the bathroom door."

Claire slapped her hand over her mouth, "Oh, this sounds like it's going to be good," she said, a grin spreading across her face as she anticipated the hilarity of the tale about to unfold.

LaToya giggled, clearly enjoying the role reversal as Athena became the subject of the story. "Oh, this is getting good! Spill the beans, Kayden," she chimed in, unable to contain her excitement.

Athena playfully rolled her eyes with a shake of her head as she opened the fridge, grabbed glass cups, and poured Claire, Kayden, Marlon, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Randy, Janet, LaToya, and Michael something to drink as she listened to Kayden recount the tale.

"So I opened the bathroom door, with a loofah in my hand as a weapon," Kayden said, causing everyone to snort in laughter, "And the first thing I see is my sister on the floor with blood everywhere and all over her!" he exclaimed, "I thought she was dead! So I ran out there naked with soap still in my hair and slipped in ketchup, falling right on my ass!" Kayden continued, "And there she was, lying on the floor covered in ketchup, trying her best to stifle her laughter at my dramatic entrance. Turns out, it was all a prank—a very elaborate prank—but I have never been more terrified in my life!"

Michael, unable to contain his laughter, doubled over in amusement as he pictured the chaotic scene unfolding. Athena buried her face in her hands, cheeks flushed with embarrassment at the memory of that Halloween prank gone wrong. Claire wiped tears from her eyes as she erupted into uncontrollable laughter, struggling to compose herself as the ridiculous image of Kayden slipping in ketchup after mistaking Athena's prank for a real emergency played out in her mind. Kayden, on the other hand, relished in retelling the tale with theatrical flair, thoroughly enjoying having the upper hand for once.

After a moment of shared laughter, Athena finally composed herself and shot a mock glare at Kayden. "You promised you'd never bring that up again!" she protested, though a smile tugged at her lips.