Chapter 120-Relishing In Television Drama

DECEMBER 29th, 1995

DECEMBER 29th, 1995

Athena's efforts to find Claire and Kayden fertility doctors paid off—Claire was pregnant and Kayden was pacing back and forth in front of Athena and Michael.

"Claire wanted this pregnancy and now she's saying she's regretting it," Kayden said as he anxiously paced, "She was on me about this—she wanted a baby, I put one in her, and now she's saying she can't do this. She wants to give the baby up for adoption. I don't know what to do!"

"Kayden, listen—you have to see it from her perspective," Athena advised, "You don't have to miss work, she does. You don't have to avoid planes, she does. You don't have to worry about your body changing and becoming unattractive, she does. You don't have to stop doing much, but she's very limited now on what she can and can't do."

Michael nodded in agreement, "Athena's right. Claire has to come to terms with being unable to do as much as she used to. Pregnancy is a major life change, and it's okay for her to feel overwhelmed. You two need to talk openly about your feelings and concerns, and make decisions together."

Kayden took a deep breath, running a hand through his hair in frustration, "I just don't know how to handle this. I thought we were on the same page about wanting a baby."

Athena placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "It's okay to have doubts and fears, Kayden. None of of are parents yet, so we can't imagine the complexities of having a living, breathing, being to take care of—but that's why Claire needs you now more than ever."

Michael smiled at Kayden, "You two are in this together. Communication is key. Listen to each other, support each other, and work through this as a team. You can do this."

"And remind her that I did not go through the trouble of setting you up with doctors just for her to change her mind!"

Kayden let out a chuckle at Athena's light-hearted remark, the tension in his shoulders easing slightly. He looked at Athena and Michael with gratitude in his eyes, "Thank you both for your support and advice. I'll talk to Claire and try to understand her perspective better. We'll figure this out together."

As Kayden left to find Claire, Athena turned to Michael, a mixture of concern and relief in her expression, "I hope they can work things out," she said softly.

Michael wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close, "They will," he said with certainty, pressing a kiss to her temple, "You did a good thing helping them, baby."

Athena leaned into his embrace, feeling a sense of peace settle over her. Despite the emotional turmoil of recent events, she knew that she and Michael would always be there for each other.

"Baby?" Michael voiced.

"Yeah, baby?"

Michael looked down at Athena, his eyes filled with warmth and love. "I love you," he said simply, pressing another kiss to her forehead, "I love you, I love you, I love you."