Meri wali

The night kept him awake again... but not because of pain. He was lost in Naina. This girl never failed to surprise him. At this age,when girls, or even boys, would only think about buying new clothes or shoes or such things, this girl was happy to earn enough money to pay her hostel fees... she wanted to be self sufficient.

When he had accepted the fact that he could only bring bad luck to anyone who was close to him... she pronounced him lucky for herself...  not knowing that she was closest to his heart.

She was lucky for him. She brought happiness whenever she was around. She was the oasis to his parched self. She was the breath of fresh air that made him feel alive again. She was the fragrance that soaked his soul.

He needed her in his life. Oh God!  He definitely did.

"No, I won't let you go... I'll fight with my destiny this time... Naina, I'll not let you go."

He made a promise to himself.

Sleep came easily after that.

Next morning, he waited for her at the college gate. As she walked out of her hostel building, a wide smile spread on her face, seeing him.

"Achcha laga ki tumne meri baat man li...  aaj saare lectures attend karna, " she soaked him with her warmth.

He smiled and accompanied her. Few steps from their classroom, he halted, "suno Naina."

She stopped and looked back at him.

"Bolo"

"Wo mujhe kehna tha... matlab... wo tumhari friends hain na... Sonali aur Komal aur Nisha... "

Naina's heart lurched... is he interested in her friends?  She stared at him in shock.

"Wo main keh raha tha... matlab..."

It took all her strength for Naina to remain standing... her legs had turned to jelly... almost giving up to support her.

"Kya Sameer",  she managed to speak.

" Naina, tum unke saath kyon nahi baithti class mein... sabse alag khaali bench pe kyun baithti ho? " He said everything in one go.

"Kyon... usse kya fark padta hai?"

"Padta hai... matlab nahi... fark nahi padta... par akele baithna theek nahi hai na... matlab kuch puchna ho ya kuch chahiye ho to... " He was sounding silly to himself.

"Wo log first bench pe nahi baithna chahte... aur main hamesha se aage baithti hun... school mein bhi aage hi baithti thi",  Naina could not understand what he wanted.

Sameer was getting frustrated, not knowing how to explain, " Aise akele baithna achcha nahi lagta... sab sochenki  ki tum kisi se dosti nahi karna chahti. "

Naina widened her eyes. The Sameer Maheshwari... who always stayed aloof... wanted her to mix up with others. What was wrong with him?  She was friendly with so many people.  It was him who needed to up his game.

Finally, Sameer gave up and walked in, frustrated at his inability to make her understand.

He settled at the back as Naina occupied the first row.  In no time, Rahul was there to give her company. But Naina was still lost in Sameer's attempt at making her sit with other girls. She paid half hearted attention to what the professor was teaching. In the middle of the lecture, she looked back and saw him looking at Rahul with a grim expression on his face.
Naina immediately glanced at the boy sitting with her. Rahul was pointing at her notebook and asking something.

The realisation finally struck Naina. And she couldn't suppress a smile.

Thankfully, rest of the classes for the day were cancelled as there was some staff meeting. Rahul jumped in excitement, "Naina, chalo canteen chalte hain... classes cancel hone ki khushi mein meri taraf se treat."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें