Performance

Naina was elated to see Sameer walking in after a few minutes... fresh and smiling.

"Kahan chale gaye the tum? Kabse dhund rahi thi." She showed her concern when he came near her.

"Kuch kaam tha," he avoided looking at her from so close.

"Sameer, tumhara haath theek hai na? Zyada dard toh nahi ho raha?" She lightly touched his elbow.

He nodded, smiling at her with pursed lips before looking away again.

"Achha batao... tum bhi koi dance karne wale ho kya?" She was excited for the upcoming program.

"Nahi... main nahi kar raha... par tumhe dekhne ka intezar hai." He could not keep his eyes off her anymore.

"Pata nahi kaisa lagega tumhe... achha nahi laga toh?" She was suddenly nervous, thinking about him watching her dance for the first time.

"Achha kyon nahi lagega?" He joined his brows.

"Tumhe kya pata main kaisa dance karti hun... tumne thodi kabhi dekha hai." She wrenched her fingers.

He gave a small laugh, "Har dance dekha hai tumhara, school mein bhi, freshers party mein bhi... aur abhi wahan kamre mein bhi."

His eyes shone as he said the last line, looking into her eyes.

She stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Haan, har baar chup ke dekha hai...  aaj pehli baar tumhe samne baith kar dekhunga... waise kaunsa gaana hai tumhara?" He was enjoying her shocked state.

Before Naina could answer, Rahul called out to Sameer. They both turned to see what he wanted. Rahul gestured them to come to him and Sonali.

"Sameer, tum aur Naina bhi ek saath kuch dance karo na... koi romantic se gaane pe," Sonali said excitedly as they reached the couple.

"Main toh pehle bhi keh raha tha Sameer se par yeh manta hi nahi," Rahul grumbled.

"Maine kabhi dance wance nahi kiya... aur yahan toh kuch shaadi wala hona chahiye... main nahi kar sakta... Naina hai na... woh kar toh rahi hai... bas wohi hum dono ki taraf se samajh lo," Sameer frowned.

Rahul gave an understanding smile, "Chal koi nahi... Naina ka dance toh dhamakedar hoga hi... college mein dekha tha."

The performances started shortly after. Rishi and his cousins were the first to dance on 'Mehndi laga ke rakhna, doli saja ke rakhna'. Sonali's cousins joined them midway and together they charmed everyone. Next dance was by Sonali's brother and bhabhi. They performed on 'Sajan ji ghar aaye dulhan kyon sharmaye'. After a long session of almost all relatives, it was Naina's turn. She looked at Sameer once before going ahead... he gave a thumbs up sign.

The music started.

Naina began with a slow step.

Koi rok sake toh rok le
Main naachti chan chan chan chan

She lifted her saree a bit and did a step by showing off her payal.

Sameer sat up in his seat... he didn't know she was even wearing payal today. Before he could recover, Naina started with her graceful moves.

Palki mein hoke sawar chali re
Main toh apne saajan ke dwar chali re

Sameer sat spellbound. The movement of her waist, the fluidity of her body, her expressions... everything was hitting him with unimaginable force.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें