Return

Naina stood staring at the spread of colour on the sky that matched the colour on her flamed cheeks.

They had spent the whole night with each other... even though it was spent talking on phone but Sameer had made her go red every moment of their first night after marriage.

The thought made her blush to her ears and behind them, the colour going down her neck to spread on her entire being.

"Ab sharmana chodo aur taiyar ho jao... main ek ghante mein tumhe lene aa raha hun." He made her look around again, suspiciously.

"Naina, sun rahi ho na tum? Mujhe yahan wahan mat dhoondo... main abhi tak ghar pe hi hun... tumhe kya lagta hai agar wahan hota toh aata nahi tumhare paas? " He smiled.

She closed her eyes and pressed the phone on her heart... he could read her completely...

"Par tum... tumhe kaise pata chalta hai?" She placed the phone back on her ear, flummoxed.

"Kyonki, sweetheart, ab main tumhe achhe se pehchanta hun... tumhari ek ek dhadkan ko padh sakta hun... sirf sun ke bhi pata chal jaata hai." His honeyed voice was all out to kill her today.

If this is how he would be as a husband, she would be red all the time... and blue... her hand went back to touch her shoulder.

"Ready rehna," his voice shocked her.

Had he read this thought too?

"Naina, ready rehna ek ghante mein, main aa raha hun tumhe lene... hostel jaana hai na... Uncle ke driver ko maine raat ko hi bata diya tha ki hum saat baje tak nikalenge." He cleared her doubt.

Naina breathed out, "Shukr hai."

"Itna miss kar rahi thi hostel ko? Mujhe toh laga tumhe yahan bohot maza aa raha hai." He was surprised at her reaction.

"Nahi college ke liye nahi, tumhare liye," she blurted before she could stop herself.

Slapping her forehead, she tried to clarify, "Mera matlab tumhe samajh nahi aaya na uske liye."

He chuckled, "Kya samajh nahi aaya mujhe, Naina... tum samjha do kuch reh gaya hai toh."

She slapped her forehead again.

"Ek ghante mein aaoge na... main taiyar hoti hun. Bye." She disconnected before saying something silly again.

It was always difficult to remain normal in front of him... and with him talking like this, Naina was sure she would get a chance to torture her forehead many times. But she was not complaining.

"I Love You," she smiled at the phone and kissed it.

Realising she was in the balcony, she looked around nervously to check if anyone had seen her... thankfully, it was too early for anyone to be out.

Naina went back to the room. Bringing out her suitcase, she quickly started to pack all her things. As she went near the cupboard, something came under her foot.

Looking down, she saw a white pearl. Her necklace...

The images from last night came back again. The shiver that hit her till the toes made the hair at the back of her neck stand. He had pulled it away with such force that the pearls had scattered all over the room. It was difficult to make out as the tiles were white in colour too. She touched the side of her neck that had a red mark where the string had grazed her skin. Sameer had given her many marks in one day... rather half a day... the second  half of the day that had started with a mark in her hair... and it changed everything. She had seen him look at her differently... and she had accepted it. His gaze, his fingers, his lips... all had been different, touching her in a manner that showed his right on her. And she had given in... she could not leave him and go down from this room.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें