Prayer

They stood looking into each other's eyes, his hands on her waist, hers on his shoulders...

He slowly moved one hand, bringing it up her back... and reached the pony. As always, he pulled the band down... Naina's head suddenly jerked back and a small cry escaped her lips.

The band was stuck at the back of her neck.

"Sorry... sorry... Naina, tumhe lagi kya... dard ho raha hai... par ye kaise hua... pehle toh kabhi nahi hua aisa." He was shocked and confused.

The band always slipped down her hair without resistance... he had pulled it with the same pressure as he always did.

As Naina raised her hands behind the neck, to tug at the band, he tried to turn her, to see why it got stuck...

Naina stood firm, not giving in to his effort of turning her, "Kuch nahi hua... main karti hun... ruko."

He himself walked around to check, but Naina moved with him... not letting him go behind her.

"Naina, dekhne toh do... kahan atak gaya... main theek karta hun." He moved again.

"Sameer please, chup chap khade raho... maine kaha na main kar lungi." Her irritation was showing on her face as well as in her voice.

He stood patiently, observing her...

She tilted her neck, hands at work, muttering under her breath, "Yeh Preeti bhi na... pata nahi kya shauk chada tha."

Seeing her discomfort, he was about to risk her rebuke again when she straightened in relief, pulling the band out.

"Sorry... tumpe gussa nikal diya... woh Preeti ne iss suit mein... " She stopped abruptly.

Sameer held her delicately, his hands going around her, "Gussa kar sakti ho... tumhara gussa bhi achha lagta hai mujhe... par ye batao meri saaliji pe kyon bhadak rahi ho?"

She looked down, not knowing how to explain, "Kuch nahi... woh aajkal zyada hi kapdon ke designs mein ghusne lagi hai..."

"Achha toh kya design banwaya hai jo tumhe itna pareshan kar raha hai?" He pestered.

"Sameer, chodo na... woh sab Preeti ka kaam hai..." She tried to draw him away from the topic.

"Bata rahi ho ya khud dekh lun", he moved her hair over one shoulder, making them fall in front, leaving the back clear.

She knew he won't rest until she told him.

"Woh Preeti ne suit mein peeche zip lagwayi hai... usme atak gaya tha band." She closed her eyes and quickly let out everything.

"Zip kyon lagwayi?" He was still curious.

Naina opened her eyes and gave him a desperate look, "Tumhe itna kuch kyon janna hai? Ladkiyon ke dresses ke style hain... un tak hi rehne do na."

"Koi bhi baat tumse judi ho toh mujhe janni hai... aur jab main tumhare liye dress kharidunga tab pata hona chahiye ki kya kya check karna hai", he tucked a strand behind her ear.

"Uhh... zip lagane se fit achha aata hai... isliye Preeti ne saare suits aur dress mein lagwa di... hum dono ke liye", she said hesitantly.

He didn't know a simple query could evoke so many feelings in him with its answer. Now he knew the reason why this suit looked different.

His hand moved to her neck, fingers lightly tracing the neckline from the shoulder to her nape, till they reached the zip. He slowly moved his hand down over it, taking it till the small of her back, where the zip ended.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें