Topper

Sameer dropped Naina and Preeti well before the given time.

Chachaji asked them how was the party... happy to know that the children had a good time.

Next morning, the day before they were to leave for Mumbai, Naina went to give the morning tea to chachaji who had just picked up today's newspaper from the balcony.

He opened it and glanced at the second page, suddenly excited to read the news.

"Naina, tumhara result aa gaya... dekho tumhara naam chapa hai akhbar mein... fir se tumne top kiya hai... saare purane record tod diye... ninety percent aayein hain tumhare, " his voice was filled with pride.

Naina took the paper from him, checking out the news. As her eyes checked the list of top three achievers, her eyes widened in surprise... Sameer had secured third position in the college with eighty percent marks.

Her eyes pooled up... with elation... Sameer had done what he had promised.

"Chachaji, Sameer ki third position aayi hai", she showed his name in the newspaper to chachaji.

"Arre waah Naina, iska matlab Sameer bhi tumhari tarah hai... school mein bhi aisa hi tha?" Chachaji was clearly impressed.

"College mein aane ke baad Sameer ne mehnat se padhna shuru kar diya... hum dono aksar saath padhte hain", she was proud of him.

Chachaji smiled as he saw that Naina was more happy for his achievement rather than her own.

"Ye sab tumhari sangat ka asar hai", he patted her head.

Chachiji got sweets for everyone as Preeti hugged her sister.

"Ab toh topper behen ke saath saath jijaji bhi topper ho gaye", she winked at Naina.

Her impatience was not hidden from the two elders in the room.

Chachiji looked at her husband and he nodded.

Looking back at Naina, she said, "Sameer ko phone karke hamari taraf se bhi badhai de de... jaa, apne kamre se karle."

Naina forced herself to walk and not run.

"Hello Sameer", her excitement was at its peak.

He himself was bursting with happiness, "Naina, aakhir tumne jaadu kar hi diya... ab toh meri position bhi aa gayi... thank you... aur congratulations, firse top karne ke liye."

"Congratulations Sameer... yeh jaadu tumhara khud ka hai, mera nahi... tumhari mehnat hai jiska aaj ye fal mila hai... tumhara naam newspaper mein dekh kar main toh aaj itni khush hun ki samajh nahi aa raha kya karun." She wished she could see him.

"Jaadu toh tumhara hi hai... yaad hai tumne kaha tha yahan ghar pe... ki tum yeh jaadu kar dogi", he reminded her.

"Tumse milne ka bohot dil kar raha hai", her voice was low now.

"Mera bhi", her voice made him ache for her.

The opportunity presented itself a few minutes later.

As Naina finished her bath, chachiji called out, "Naina, chal beta mandir ho aate hain... akhir itne achhe number aaye hain toh prashad chadana hai."

Naina quickly dressed up, managing to call up Sameer and ask him to come to the temple.

When she reached there, along with chachiji, Sameer was not around but Naina could see the car parked at a little distance.

She accompanied chachiji for the pooja.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें