Nishaan

Naina sat in the living room, holding the cushion tight. She was sure that Preeti's teasings will go many levels higher now.

To her surprise, Preeti came running from the room and hugged her.

Swati followed, smiling.

"Sachhi Naina, main tere liye bohot khush hun... itna achha laga sunke ki jijaji ko rukhi sukhi Naina nahi jhelni padti".

Preeti's words made her go red and widened her eyes at the same moment.

Swati burst out laughing, " Rukhi sukhi toh bilkul nahi hai, Preeti, dekha nahi kaise Sameer iske aage peeche ghumta hai, kuch toh baat hai... Mumbai jaake kaafi kuch seekh gayi lagti hai."

Naina threw one cushion at Swati and picked up another to hide her face in it.

"Achha ab meri behen ko koi tang nahi karega" Preeti again wrapped her hands around Naina's shoulders.

"Ab chup... " Swati kept a finger on her lips.

After a silence of few seconds, Naina peeped at them from behind the cushion... seeing them quiet, she put the cushion away.

And the room resonated with peals of laughter... Naina joining in this time as Swati hugged both of them.

Preeti looked at Swati and Naina once they were in control, "Yaar, tum dono toh set ho gayi... ab main akeli reh jaungi jab tumhari shaadi ho jaayegi."

"Tu bhi dhoond le kisi ko... fir saath mein shaadi kar lenge." Swati gave her the solution.

This was the biggest grievance of Preeti's life, "Bas yehi ek dikkat hai yaar... kabse dhoond rahi hun... milta hi nahi... pata nahi konse bill mein ghuske baitha hai".

They went on to chat and tease each other till the ring of the phone halted their conversation.

"Munna ka hoga", Swati ran.

"Hello", she excitedly said after picking up the phone.

Munna and Swati talked for a long time.

Naina was hoping to talk to Sameer but Swati did not seem to be in a mood to end her call.

Finally, she picked up her night suit and went to the bathroom to change.

"Naina... Nainaa" Swati's voice reached her inside.

"Kya hai Swati, bathroom mein hun", she gave an irritated reply.

"Sameer ko tujhse baat karni hai", Swati shouted.

Naina quickly changed and ran out, snatching the phone from Swati.

"Hello Sameer, " she spoke into the phone urgently.

"Naina... kitni der se phone pakadke khada hun... tumhe mujhse baat nahi karni thi kya?" He complained.

Naina smiled, "Main toh khud kabse baithi thi ki Swati ki baatein khatam ho toh tumse baat kar sakun."

"Main bhi... main toh aate hi baat karne wala tha par inn dono ne chedna shuru kar diya aur phone chupa diya", he looked at his friends  irritatedly.

"Ab bata do... aisi kya baat thi jo jaate hi phone karna tha", her voice was low.

His tone changed, to match hers, "Aaj man nahi kar raha tha wapas aane ka... tumhare saath hi rehna tha mujhe."

"Waise saath hi ho tum... abhi bhi... mere dil mein", she placed a hand on her heart.

Sameer closed his eyes, seeing her image, "Aur paas, Naina."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें