Hope

Completed one month of writing this story... myself surprised to see where Sameer and Naina have reached in 30 days.

As Naina stepped out of the house, chachiji called out, "Naina, beta kahan thi... kab se dhoond rahi hun!"

Naina struggled to keep her voice normal, "Woh Swati ki mausi ne kuch samaan andar rakhne ko diya tha... wohi rakhne gayi thi".

Chachiji pulled her, " Achha chal, Swati aur damadji ko badhai de aate hain... tere liye hi ruke the hum."

They went on the stage. Naina and Preeti hugged Swati as chachaji and chachiji blessed the couple. Walking back, they came face to face with Sameer.

Naina missed a beat, as he smiled at the elders.

"Arre beta, tum abhi bhi idhar udhar kaam karte ghum rahe ho... jao apne dost ke paas baitho",  chachiji insisted.

"Auntyji kuch khaas samaan ka khyaal rakh raha tha andar... woh kaam mere alawa koi nahi kar sakta..." He gave a fleeting look to Naina and she turned red.

Chachiji marvelled at his sense of responsibility, "Bohot achhe beta, aise hi apni zimmedaari nibhate raho... bhagwan tumhe khush rakhe."

He smiled and walked towards the stage... but not before winking at a blushing Naina.

Sameer and Pandit went to Munna, getting a few photos clicked. Then Sameer whispered something in Munna's ear and he bent towards Swati, explaining something. She nodded.

They both got up from the sofa and posed for some different types of photos... Sameer helping them with the poses and instructing the photographer which angle to capture it from.

Then, Munna called his friends for a group picture. Swati also asked one of her cousin to call Naina and Preeti.

Four of them got some nice shots clicked with the newly engaged couple. No one could see the linked hands of the boy standing next to Munna and the girl standing next to Swati. Only one of their hand was visible in the picture... the other one appeared to be behind their friends.

"Chal ab hum bhi kuch kha lete hain",  Preeti pulled Naina to the food area. They picked up the plates and started filling them up with their favourites.

Talking to each other, they started to move away from the table when Naina crashed into someone... and the contents of her plate spilled on that person. Thankfully she had only a few items in her plate.

"Sorry, sorry... maine dekha nahi... aapko lagi toh nahi," Naina apologised to the boy standing in front of her.

"Koi baat nahi... main theek hun", he looked down at his shirt, which had a few sticky drops from the gulab jamun.

Naina was embarrassed at her clumsiness, "Meri galti ki wajah se aapki shirt kharab ho gayi... sorry".

He looked at her for a moment, then smiled, " Dekhiye, aap pareshaan mat hoyiye... thodi kharab hui hai par saaf ho jayegi."

Still feeling guilty, Naina walked away with Preeti.

"Itni baar sorry bolne ki kya zaroorat thi uss champu ko? Woh bhi toh dekh kar nahi chal raha tha... usne toh ek baar bhi sorry nahi bola." Preeti blasted at Naina the minute they were out of his hearing distance.

"Theek hai na Preeti, uske kapde meri wajah se kharab ho gaye... sorry bolne mein koi kharabi thodi hai", Naina calmed her sister.

"Naina, woh lifafe rakhe the na Munna ke parivaar walon ke liye... beta woh zara le aa Swati ki almari se", Swati's mother called out softly.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें