Pink

They had chachaji and chachiji's approval but Phulla bua's blessings gave a different calming effect to Sameer's heart. He was reminded of nanu. The old lady had similar thinking and understanding. He marvelled at another similarity in his and Naina's life.

Phulla bua got up, taking support of Naina's hand, "Ab main thoda aaram kar leti hun... yeh dil toh jawan hai par haddiyan yeh baat nahi samajhti... tum dono baatein karo main ghanta bhar aaram karungi... fir hum teeno mil ke khana banayenge."

Naina looked in surprise.

"Aise kya dekh rahi hai? Ladka hai toh kya kitchen mein nahi jaa sakta? Sabko sab kaam karne aane chahiye... tabhi sahi mayno mein saathi kehlate hain", she gave a stern look to Naina.

Then turned towards Sameer, "Tujhe koi aitraaz hai?"

Sameer stood up immediately, "Nahin dadiji, main khud yehi manta hun ki saare kaam mil bant ke karne chahiye... mere nanu ne bhi hamesha yehi sikhaya hai... woh toh akele sabke liye khana bana lete the."

She smiled at him, "Bohot achhi baat sikhayi tere nanu ne... haan ek baat aur, yeh dadiji mat bol mujhe, buddhi nahi hun... bua dadi bol Naina ki tarah, samjha?"

He nodded.

"Naina, Sameer ko dikha de jo naye suit banwa rahi hai... usse bhi pasand karwa le", she told Naina, watching Sameer's reaction.

He blushed, "Main kya bataunga, bua dadi, Naina ko jo bhi pasand ho."

She pulled his ear, "Sab janti hun main... jab se aaya hai teri aankhen jo bhi keh rahi hain na isko pink suit mein dekhke, sab samajh aata hai mujhe."

Naina didn't know where to hide and Sameer could not look up at Phulla bua again, his flushed cheeks giving tough competition to Naina's red face.

Laughing, she walked to her room, closing the door... leaving two of them in awkward silence.

When Naina could breathe a few minutes later, she pulled a chair, sitting down heavily, "Tum sudhar nahi sakte na... kya sochengi bua dadi... kaha tha na maine kal ki aisa kuch mat karna."

The initial shock subsided as Sameer realised that Phulla bua was not annoyed, she was just teasing them.

He came closer, leaning behind her, his elbow resting on the back of the chair, "Bua dadi tumse zyada samajhdar hain... tabhi toh humein akele time de diya."

He pulled out her band, watching mesmerised as her back got covered by the silky curtain.

"Sameer... " Naina jerked her head towards him, "Kya kar rahe ho... woh bahar aa gayi toh..."

"Maine kaha na... tumse zyaada samajhdar hain... dekh lena ek ghante se bhi upar hi lagega unhe." His nose close to her hair, he inhaled deeply.

She felt a shiver run through her as his breath warmed her ear.

"Main yeh bartan rakh ke aati hun", she looked for a way out.

Sameer didn't stop her as she placed the empty bowls of kheer in a tray and moved to the kitchen. After putting them in the sink, she turned... to collide against his hard chest. His arms immediately went around her, calming his heart that had been aching for her since last night when he saw her in the balcony... and the ache had gone to a much higher level when she had opened the door in this beautiful pink suit.

"Naina, sach mein yeh pink colour tumpe bohot achha lagta hai." He murmured against her hair.

His proximity dulled her senses completely. Forgetting all about where they were and her grandmother was just across the door, she wrapped her arms around his neck, burying herself in his shoulder.The musky smell was making her heady.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें