Confusion

Sameer sat at the dining table in the morning when Phulla bua came out of her room after bath.

"Good morning, bua dadi." He gave a bright smile.

"Good morning, itni jaldi uth gaya tu?" She patted his head.

He could not tell her that he could not sleep at all, thinking about Naina all night.

Phulla bua prepared tea and handed him a cup as she sat down on the opposite chair.

"Ab jaldi se chai peeke mera ek kaam kar de." She said.

"Kahiye na, main abhi kar deta hun." He said eagerly.

"Arre pehle chai pee le... uske baad bazaar se dudh aur pooja ke phool la dena... aaj chutti hai isliye doodhwala bhi nahi aayega aur phoolwala bhi... toh tu daud ke chale jana."

Sameer loved it when bua dadi ordered him... not treating him like a guest but like family... a grandson. He had never been asked to do anything around the house... the two years he had spent with nanu were the only years at home in true sense. And that time too, he himself went to the kitchen sometimes when nanu was cooking and showed interest in helping. That is how be could learn a few things. More than that, he had no idea how things were done at home. But now be wanted to know.

Sameer asked for the directions to the shop where he could buy the things bua dadi wanted and left after his tea.

Phulla bua got busy in the kitchen, making preparations for the breakfast.

"Bua dadi, bathroom mein paani nahi aa raha." Naina stomped out a while later, still in night suit.

She muttered in frustration, "Fir atak gayi... jab main nahane gaayi tab toh theek thi."

Looking back at Naina, she explained,"Mere bathroom ki pipe kharab ho gayi hai... kabhi bhi atak jaati hai... aaj toh chutti hai... ab kal hi theek kara sakti hun... tu aise kar yahan wale bathroom mein naha le."

Naina looked at her grandmother with open  mouth, "Yahan toh Sameer hai."

"Nahi woh ghar pe nahi hai... maine bazaar bheja hai doodh aur phool lane... woh aaye tab tak tu naha le." Phulla bua said nonchalantly.

Naina was even more shocked. She could not imagine Mr Richie Rich Maheshwari to be out in the market early morning to buy milk. Wishing she could see him secretly, dealing with the shopkeepers... she stifled a chuckle and walked back to the room to get her towel.

Sameer came back shortly from the market. He went to the kitchen to hand over the shopping to Phulla bua.

"Yeh kya hai?" She was stunned to see a huge bag full of flowers.

Sameer looked up in confusion, "Phool hain... apne hi toh laane ko kaha tha."

She gave him an amused look, "Sameer beta, pooja ke phool lane ko kaha tha... bas itne se lagte hain."

She joined her palms to form a hollow.

Sameer stared at her hands and then at the bag which had hundred times more flowers.

Sheepishly, he looked back at the old lady, "Sorry bua dadi, mujhe pata nahi tha... kabhi khareede nahi... isliye... "

Phulla bua burst out laughing, "Budhu hai bilkul... ab isse mandir ke samne rakh de."

Sameer went out scratching his head as he heard bua dadi talking to herself while she continued to laugh, "Bas shakal se hi hero hai... akal toh Naina ko hi sikhani padegi."

Still lost in thoughts, he went to his room, walking to the bathroom to wash his face.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and Naina walked straight into him.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें