Pehchaan

"Tum ghar pe hamesha mere hi shirt pehenna." He kept his hand over hers that was resting on his chest.

"Kyon?" She looked up at him.

"Kyonki jitne achhe yeh tum pe lagte hain... utne toh mujhpe bhi nahi lagte." He looked straight ahead.

"Oho, toh ab tum apne shirt se jal rahe ho ya mujhse?" She teased.

He tightened his hold and bent towards her, straightening the next instant.

She felt him stiffening suddenly.

"Kya hua, Sameer?" She sat up.

He didn't look at her, "Kuch nahi... jaane do."

"Sameer, bolo na... fir kisi baat se pareshan ho?" She asked again.

He closed his eyes, "Naina woh button..."

She looked down... and realised her button was still open.

Naina went red... how could she forget to close it... quickly she tried to correct her folly with shaking hands.

"Ho gaya," she said in a low voice once it was done.

He opened his eyes and looked at her, "Kaise rokta hun khud ko main hi jaanta hun... aur agar tum aise... shaadi tak toh jaan le logi tum meri."

His deep voice made her colour even more.

"Ab aake baitho idhar," he pulled her again, "bas ek baar license mil jaaye fir dekhta hun tym kaise door jaati ho."

Naina panicked, "Sameer, tumhare paas license nahi hai? Tum aise hi car aur bike chalate ho? Agar kisi din pakade gaye toh..."

He silenced her by keeping his fingers on her lips, "Uss license ki baat nahi kar raha hun."

She furrowed her brows.

"Aur kaunsa license hota hai?" Pulling his hand down from her lips, she enquired.

He threw his head back and groaned.

"Batao," she shook him.

The pull was sudden for Naina. She landed on his chest, his face hardly an inch from her.

"Isse aage jaane ka licence... jo Ahmedabad jaake hi milega... shaadi karke... samajh aaya ya aur samjhaun?" His lips barely moved as his eyes scanned hers.

Naina felt his voice go heavier again... and the combination of his voice and explanation made her suck in her breath.

She held onto his shirt for support... his hand holding her securely around the waist.

"Samajh aaya, Naina?" His voice was just a whisper this time.

She nodded... once.

He cupped her face, "Agar mujhe pata hota ki aaj tum aise mere sabr ka test logi toh main ek baar soch leta aane se pehle."

"Achha, tum nahi aate poore din ki doori ke baad bhi... itna sabr bhi nahi ho pata tumse." Her words left him speechless.

"Aaj kya khila diya tumhe TV walon ne... aaj toh tumhari saari baatein alag lag rahi hain." He wondered aloud.

"TV wale kyon khilayenge?" She asked innocently.

He snickered, pulling her cheeks, "Tum kab badi hogi?"

"Matlab kya hai tumhara? Mujhe aaj itne bade program ka hissa banne ka mauka mila aur tum mujhe chida rahe ho." She pouted.

"Program? Tum toh keh rahi thi interview hai." He was alert.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें