Lesson

The beach was vast and inviting. The waves, dressed with a frilly white border of froth, rushed to welcome them.

Naina was enchanted. She held Sameer's hand and ran towards water. Taking off their footwear, they let the waves reach them. Ever since they had visited Juhu beach, Naina wanted to see more. She wanted to know if all beaches looked the same, since the sea was the same, the water was the same. But this was different from Juhu beach... more serene, massive, beyond measure.

She spread out her hands, letting the wind fill her up with the smell of water. She wondered why it was always said that water had no colour or smell. She could clearly see the various hues of blue and green in the expanse that spread before her... and the distinct smell of beach... it had to be the smell of water.

Suddenly, she was pulled out of her magical world as a splash of water landed on her face. Looking around,she realised everyone was busy enjoying, jumping into waves, splashing each other...  a few had even gone a little ahead, their heads bobbing in and out of water.

Sameer and Rahul were constantly throwing water at them. In no time, the girls were all drenched. Sonali realised that her light coloured outfit was not right for the beach... as it was getting a little see through.

"Naina, main zara room se change karke aati hun... yeh dress kuch theek nahi lag raha", Sonali urgently whispered in Naina's ear.

Naina nodded, giving a worried look, " Main chalun?  Akele kaise jaayegi?"

"Nahi, Rahul hai mere saath... main bas abhi aayi." She explained, gesturing at Rahul.

As they walked back to the cottage, Naina turned her gaze back to the horizon.

And more water fell on her.

"Kya Sameer, poora bhiga diya tumne... khud toh maze se sukhe hue khade ho", she grumbled.

" Toh tum bhi mujhpe paani daal do",  he said playfully.

As Naina bent to splash at him, Sameer ran... and she ran after him. Running against the wind, their hair flying, their feet stepping on rushing or receding waves, they continued till Naina got tired.  Looking back, she realised they had come long way from others. This part of the beach had some rocks. Sameer pulled Naina near one of them, hidden from others.

"Kab tak mere peeche bhagogi? " He teased her, "Tumhare haath nahi aaunga."

She narrowed her eyes, "Achcha", and ran her finger on his cheek.

That was the end of teasing for Sameer. His eyes grew dark in an instant as the breathing became hard. He wrapped his one arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

It was Naina's turn to lose breath.

" Chodo Sameer",  she tried to wriggle out.

" Itna achcha mausam, itni sundar jagah, akele hum... aur aisi aankhon se mujhe dekhti meri jaan... pagal hun jo chod dunga?" Sameer murmured in a husky voice.

His free hand traced her hairline, moving the wet locks away from her face, slowly moving down to the neck, his fingers brushing against her skin as he touched the wet strands. Naina felt the skin burn as his fingers trailed on her neck... not sure whether the heat was passing on from him or arising out of her.

Her eyes started losing focus.

Sameer cleared the neck of all the stuck hair... and bent over to nestle his nose in the soft skin.

A sound escaped her lips, as she threw her head back, giving him more skin to explore.

His hand on her waist tightened as the other one fisted her hair, to keep her head back. He looked at her... closed eyes, head pushed back,  drops of water shining on her exposed skin, lips parted, heavy breathing, her clothes wet, making her more desirable.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें