Pooja

When most of the people were seated, Naina tugged at Sameer's hand. He was completely lost in her, not even aware what was happening around them.

"Sameer, chalo, pooja shuru ho gayi hai." She nudged him.

"Tumne yeh kya pehna hai?" He managed to speak.

Naina looked down at her dress, "Kyon, achha nahi hai? Badal ke aayun kya?"

"Iski baat nahi kar raha," he lifted his finger to her nose.

Naina moved her head back before he could touch, "Yahan sab log hain, Sameer... abhi chalo udhar baithte hain."

She walked slowly, never leaving his hand till they reached the covered area where everyone was sitting on the mattresses spread on the floor, since it was a pooja. They sat at the back, with her dupatta still over their linked hands. The huge fans placed there swiveled, sending a gush of air towards them and her hair flew back. One strand got stuck in the neck, going around like a necklace and Sameer felt his hand itch to remove the errant strand from her soft skin. The fan moved to the other side and Naina straightened her hair in one flick, making him sigh.

"Yeh phool thode aur mangwa ke rakh lijiye, baad mein zaroorat padegi." The pandit performing pooja  asked Sonali's mother.

She turned to look back to see who can get it. Seeing Naina sitting close to the entrance, she called out to her, "Naina, beta phoolon ki do tokri rakhi hain upar. Zara le aana."

"Woh akeli dono tokri kaise layegi, mummy, main chala jaata hun." Sonali's brother, Amit started to get  up as Naina left the place and walked towards the building.

"Aapki zaroorat hai abhi pooja mein." Panditji stopped him.

"Sameer chala jayega," Rahul looked back and gestured to Sameer.

He could have hugged Rahul at that time.

Keeping that for later, he rushed after Naina.

She entered the house, looking for the basket, not knowing Sameer had followed her inside. He moved closer... and his musky smell reached her.

Turning sharply she saw him standing few steps away. Naina took two long strides and crashed into his chest. Sameer wrapped her close to himself, drowning in the heavenly perfume of her hair.

"Kabse yeh karna chahti thi." Her muffled voice reached him, soaring his desire.

"Aur main kya karna chahta tha, pata hai?" He leaned and whispered in her ear.

"Kya?" Her voice was rough.

He lifted her chin up, her face still touching his chest... bending down, he kissed the nose stud.

Naina gasped... and his lips moved down to brush hers, resisting the temptation of exploring her parted mouth as the door was open.

"Mujhe pata nahi tha ki itni choti si cheez se tum mujhe itna pagal kar dogi." His eyes were stuck on her nose.

She raised her hand to remove it... he held her wrist, shaking his head.

"Mat utaro... mujhe dekhne do." His palm rested on her cheek, thumb moving over the nose lightly.

Naina could feel the goosebumps spreading at his feather light touch. His other hand in the small of her back pressed her closer.

The sound of footsteps made them jump away from each other. Naina quickly picked up one basket and handed him the other, moving towards the door. As they left, some relative entered to get something from the kitchen.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें