Ready

Since morning Naina and Preeti were excitedly getting ready for the function. To Naina's surprise, Preeti had got up early and was not being lazy at all. They shampooed their hair... applied a pack of gramflour and turmeric mixed with milk on their faces, on Bela's insistence... ironed their clothes for the evening.

Preeti had borrowed a hair dryer from her parlor for the day. She blow dried Naina's hair, setting the ends in soft curls.

They packed all their things carefully, along with the suits, and left for Swati's house.

Her entire house was buzzing with activity. A big area outside was covered with red curtains and decorated beautifully with marigold flowers. A low stage was set against it, with a red and gold ornate sofa. On one side of the enclosed area, tables were set in a long line, covered with pink satin covers. Huge dishes were placed on them which would later be filled with varieties of food items. People were constantly moving around, giving last minute touches to the decorations.

As Naina and Preeti entered the house, they met Swati's mom and wished her.

She gently smiled at them, "Aa gayi beta... apni saheli ko achhe se taiyar kar do... aur haan... tum dono bhi khub achhe se sajna... meri betiyaan sabse sundar lagengi."

They nodded and ran to Swati's room.

There was no match to her anxiety mixed with excitement.

"Ab aa rahi ho... pata hai subah se intezaar kar rahi hun tumhara... kitna kaam hai... kaise karenge... aisa na ho ki mere taiyar hone se pehle hi Munna aa jaye",  she started her barrage of apprehensions.

Suddenly she stopped, getting all excited to see Naina's hair, " Haye Naina, tere baal kitne mast lag rahe hain... kahan se karwaye? Main bhi wahin se bula leti hun mere bal set karne ke liye."

Naina and Preeti looked at each other and Preeti gave a victorious smile.

"Tere liye aayi hai na wahin se... baal set karne ke liye... hamari Preeti", gesturing towards her sister, Naina gave a side hug to Swati, who smiled brightly and spread her free arm, turning the hug into a trio hug.

"Bas ab dekhti ja... tera aisa makeup aur hairstyle karungi na... agar jijaji behosh na hojaye toh kehna", Preeti winked.

"Nahi, nahi... behosh mat karwa bechare ko... warna mujhe anguthi kaun pehnayega?" Swati frowned... giggling a moment later, and both girls laughed along.

Later, when the saree was done, Preeti made her sit on a chair in front of the mirror. She gave a center parting and made delicate braids with small sections, starting from her forehead going till the ears. She let a few tendrils fall on her face, slightly curling them... to give a softer look. The layers at the back were curled as well.

Satisfied with the style, Preeti moved onto her face. She applied a layer of base coat and then gave an even finish with foundation to her already glowing skin. Kohl and liner, after a light dusting of gold on her lids made her eyes look mystical. A slight brush of pink on the cheeks and rust lipstick made her look like a princess. She made her wear the necklace and heavy earrings. The round maang tika filled up her forehead.

Preeti stepped back to see the result and gave a contended smile. Naina was equally amazed at how Preeti had turned her already beautiful friend into nothing less than a gorgeous film star.

Swati stared at her own reflection, stunned, "Sach mein sundar bana diya tune, Preeti."

She brought her face down to her shoulder and looked at Swati through the mirror, "Sundar toh tu hamesha se hai... tabhi toh fisal gaye jijaji."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें