Dil

Sameer had his lunch with Rahul, Rishi and their few cousins. Later, when they were in the room, Sameer changed into a shirt and jeans before mentioning to Rahul that he needed to go out in the afternoon.

"Haan toh jaa na... kahan jaana hai... main car se bhej deta hun." He offered.

"Uski zaroorat nahi hai... woh mujhe Naina ko leke jaana hai kuch kaam se," Sameer told him.

"Aur kaise jayega?" Rahul narrowed his eyes, knowing Sameer himself will never ask for anything.

"Hum rickshaw le lenge." He was nonchalant.

Rahul stood up from the bed and went to where Sameer sat on a couch, sitting next to him.

"Sameer, main tujhe apna bhai manta hun... balki bhai se bhi zyada, uss bewakoof Rishi se zyada tu mera apna hai... fir tu itna alag sa kyon rehta hai? Kya tujhe main bhai jaisa nahi lagta?" He asked sadly.

Sameer looked down, twitching his fingers, "Rahul, mujhe bhai shabd se nafrat hai... haan, dost zaroor manta hun tumhe... isse pehle mere sirf do dost rahein hain, Munna aur Pandit... unki dosti bhi mujhe Ahmedabad aakar hi mili... usse pehle main bilkul akela tha... isliye jaldi se kisi ko apna nahi pata... par tumhe maanta hun."

Rahul did not want to ask him the reason for what he said about a brother, having a feeling since beginning that there was something disturbing in Sameer's life... he didn't want to bring up any painful memories you disturb him.

Patting his leg, he said in a cheerful voice, "Dost manta hai toh haq se bike ki chaabi utha aur le jaa Naina ko... doston mein ye sab sochna kab se aa gaya yaar... kya tu Munna aur Pandit ke saath aisa sochta hai?"

Sameer was reminded of his two lifelines back in Ahmedabad. They considered his whole house as their own... there was no question of any formality or hesitation with them. When he thought about Rahul, he realised Rahul had also been there for him right from the beginning... from the time he made Sameer speak up about his feelings for Naina till today, when he let him go to Sonali's house with haldi. He had helped at every step. Still Sameer had kept himself distant to some extent. And he conceded that Rahul was indeed no less than Munna Pandit... he was their equivalent in Mumbai.

He hugged Rahul, "Tum mere liye Munna Pandit jitne hi khaas ho."

Rahul smiled in relief, "Ek baat aur, Munna Pandit ko tu bolta hai ya tum?"

Sameer knew what he meant. Holding his ear, he said, "Aaj se sirf tu."

They hugged again. Sameer felt a sudden lightness spread inside him... making him genuinely happy.

"Ab chabi bata kahan hai bike ki... Naina se theek se mila nahi hun subah se... teri shaadi ke chakkar mein mera haal kharaab hai," Sameer said, getting up.

Rahul looked at him in surprise... Sameer had never openly admitted how badly be wanted to be with Naina.

He pointed at the cabinet near the door. Sameer picked up the keys and looked back before leaving.

"Mehendi tak aa jaunga." Grinning, he left the room.

He ran down the stairs, not able to contain his excitement.

Naina was coming out of the gate when he reached. He pointed at the back seat with a jerk of his head. She sat behind him without a word. Sameer let out a long breath as her soft body pressed into him and her arms came around his waist. He started the bike, stopping only when they reached the college.

"Sameer, yahan kyon aaye hain?" She was expecting him to take her to the hill outside the city.

"Kuch kaam hai... dus minute mein apni jagah pe milo." He told her as he parked the bike.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें