Chocolate

Sameer sat holding Naina in the crook of his arm, till he felt her breathing even out and her knees, that she had been clutching, sliding down on his ribs.

He got up slowly, careful not to wake her up, and put her head on the pillow, making her lie down, straightening the legs a bit. Then he pulled the sheet lying at the foot of the bed, over her... up to the shoulders.

She looked beautiful... and he realised this was the first time he was seeing her sleeping. Her hair were tied loosely in a knot at the top of her head, long lashes rested on smooth cheeks, nose was a bit red due to crying...

He stopped himself from going further... fighting the urge to kiss her.

Giving her one last look, he walked out into the balcony and climbed down, going back to his room.

When Naina stepped out of her hostel wing in the morning, Sameer stood smiling, waiting for her.

She walked upto him.

"Abhi kaisa lag raha hai? Dard ho raha hai? " He was concerned.

She smiled back, "Aaj zyaada nahi hai... itna bardaasht ho jaata hai... Thank you... main kal din bhar tumhe bohot miss kar rahi thi... zyaada rona isliye aa raha tha ki tumse mil nahi paayi thi."

"Madam, aapke liye kuch bhi", Sameer bent a little and offered her a chocolate.

Her eyes lit up, " Chocolate!!!  Subah subah kahan se laaye? "

He raised his collars, "Aap abhi janti hi kahan hai ki banda kya kya kar sakta hai",  and leaning again, he whispered, " Kabhi mauka do toh dikhata hun."

She playfully hit his arm, "Chalo."

He made a face, "Tumne kaha tha chocolate khake daantogi, marogi nahi."

He got another smack on the arm, and she started moving to the classroom. He ran behind.

Sonali asked her why she had missed lectures the previous day and Naina told her. She asked if she could get anything for her from home and Naina refused, thanking her, touched by the gesture.

Later, they came to know that the cricket team has to start practicing for longer hours from now on since the inter college tournament was not far.

The boys were excited.

Naina looked at Sameer... he was discussing something with Rahul, a serious expression on both their faces.

In the evening, Naina reached the spot before Sameer and waited, thinking about how he had comforted her last night.  Not in her wildest dream could she have imagined such a conversation with him. But he had made it easy for her... erasing her fears and soothing the pain. She did not even come to know when he had left... she had fallen asleep in his arms... and he, like a gentleman, had put her in bed and left.

Naina was overwhelmed at his concern... she was the luckiest girl in the world... she thanked her bhagwanji for sending him.

And she remembered the night before, right here... under this tree.
His touch had turned her blood into molten lava... her insides had burned... her fingers craved for his feel.

She rested her back against the tree and inhaled deeply, her face flushing.

"Naina, phir se takleef ho rahi hai?" His voice, laced with worry, reached her.

She opened her eyes and shook her head, extending her hand towards him, gesturing to sit.

He held the hand she offered and sat next to her.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें