Tere Liye

After a long hard day, finally both felt lighter.

Sameer stretched his legs to relax when he felt something in his pocket and he remembered.

He looked at Naina. She had her eyes closed. Tears had dried up but he could see the faint marks on her cheeks. The nose still had some redness. He cursed himself again...

Shaking his head, he tried to bring back happy thoughts.

"Naina", he called out softly.

"Hmm... " She didn't open her eyes.

"Tumhare liye kuch laya hun." His voice was softer.

Naina opened her eyes... he was holding a long box in his hand.

She gave him a puzzled look, "Tum itne gusse mein bhi shopping karne chale gaye?"

He smiled, "Yeh main Ahmedabad se laya hun."

She looked at the red box with a ribbon tied around it.

Sameer removed the ribbon and opened the box. Naina looked in amazement at the beautiful piece in it.

He took out the delicate gold chain with a pendant of their initials... N*S.

"Kitna sundar hai yeh", she squealed in delight, fingering the pendant.

"Main pehna dun?" He sought permission.

Naina tilted her head to the side and  turned her back towards him.

Sameer shifted to move behind her. He held the chain in front of her and brought it around the neck, fixing the clasp as she held her pony over the shoulder.

His fingers were close to her neck but he didn't dare to touch her. Naina had forgiven him, in fact, she had not even blamed him... but he could not be so generous with himself.

Once done, she turned around to show the chain to him. Her white dupatta had covered her neck and front completely... the chain lay over the dupatta.

"Pasand aayi?" He asked.

Naina held the pendant, looking at it, "Bohot pasand aayi... Sameer, yeh sach mein bohot sundar hai."

"Par tumse zyada nahi", he looked at her shining eyes.

The colour spread on her face instantly.

"Iss suit mein tum bohot achhi lagti ho", he held her hand and traced his finger around the hemline of her long sleeve.

His touch gave her the goosebumps. Struggling to stay in control, she narrowed her eyes, "Aur dresses mein achhi nahi lagti kya?"

He picked up the hand he was holding and kissed on her wrist, "Tum toh har dress mein achhi lagti ho... bas aaj kuch zyada hi pyaari lag rahi ho."

She snatched her hand, looking away, "Ab zyada makhan mat lagao... pehle rulate ho fir meethi meethi baatein karte ho."

He held her chin and turned her face to look at him, "Ek wada karo... aage se main agar kabhi bhi tumse gussa hua ya aisi koi bewakoofi ki toh mujhe kas ke do thappad lagana."

She stared at him for a few moments, then smiled, "Matlab tum bewakoofi kar sakte ho?"

He scrunched his nose, nodding.

Naina pinched the wrinkled nose, "Do thappad mein nahi chodungi mister... aage se agar aisa kiya na toh tumhe kamre mein band karke dande se pitaai karungi."

His eyes lit up, "Kamre mein band karne ka idea achha hai... aaj se hi shuru kar sakti ho."

She took a moment to understand... and felt her ears go all hot and red when she did.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें