Again

Sameer did not open his eyes. Naina thanked her bhagwanji that he was still sleeping.

Shortly, there was a knock on the door and she heard Rahul call out Sameer's name.

Naina quickly opened the door. He was standing, eyes still groggy with sleep.

"Sorry, tumhari neend kharab kar di", she was feeling bad.

"Arre, kuch nahi hota, chalo jaldi nikalte hain", Rahul looked around.

Naina picked up the damp t shirt that she had been wearing earlier and walked behind him.

If Rahul noticed that she was wearing Sameer's t shirt, he didn't say anything.

He left Naina outside her wing and she walked back to her room, thanking him again.

Once inside her room, she heaved a sigh of relief. She had spend whole night in a boy's room. If her family came to know, taiji would beat her to death.

The thought did not scare her. Her relief was more at being able to take care of Sameer and the fact that he was better now. She wished she could have stayed longer...

She looked in the mirror...  seeing herself in Sameer's t shirt brought colour to her cheeks. Remembering the closeness they had shared, she hid her face in hands... not able to meet her own eyes.

Moments later, she looked back at her blushing reflection and slapped her forehead, " Yeh haal toh tab ho raha hai, Naina, jab Sameer ko hosh nahi tha... usse toh pata bhi nahi chala ki tu uske saath hai... agar woh utha hua hota toh tera kya hota?"

She looked at her thumb... and kissed where Sameer had kissed it... 

Not being able to see herself anymore, she went for her bath.

Before the classes started, she went to the washroom and picked up the bag and dress,going back to leave the dress in her room.

Later, she went directly to the class, knowing Sameer won't be coming... his fever had come down but she was sure he wouldn't have the energy to get ready and come.

Rahul entered the class and walked to her, "Sameer ab kaafi theek hai... bukhaar bhi ab 99 hai... uthne mein thode chakkar aa rahe the isliye maine kaha nahi aane ko."

Naina smiled, "Thank you, kal ke liye bhi aur aaj ke liye bhi. "

Rahul gave her a look of appreciation, "Sach Naina, Sameer bohot lucky hai jo usse tum mili."

She shook her head, "Lucky toh main hun jo mujhe Sameer mila hai."

Sameer had got up in the morning and looked around. He was in his own room but it felt different. He switched off the lamp as daylight on the other side of the curtains was lighting up the room.

He felt her presence.

It was like Naina was here. The room was filled with her fragrance. His eyes quickly scanned the entire place to check if she was somewhere.

His gaze fell on neatly stacked books on the study table, lined shoes next to the wall, absence of scattered clothes... everything screamed of her presence here. But how was that possible?  Naina could not have entered boys hostel. He had climbed the pipe to reach her room but Naina couldn't have done that... or could she?

He wiped the sweat from his forehead.

The recollection of his dream came back in hazy parts... Naina resting her head on his bed, her hair open, the softness of her skin on his hand...

He looked down at his hand... and smelled it.

She was here.

For sure.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें