Dupatta

Sameer reached the ground to find Naina already waiting.

"Aaj tum itni jaldi kaise aa gayi?" He was surprised.

"Bas aise hi, " she looked up at him.

He settled next to her.

She had changed into a suit, he noticed. Sitting with her arms hugging the legs, she rested her chin on the knees.

"Ek baat puchun, Naina?" He asked.

"Bolo." She continued to look ahead.

"Aaj tumne kya silwane diya hai?" He tried to keep his voice casual.

She looked sharply at him, "Kuch kapde hain... tum kyon puch rahe ho?"

"Main... woh... bas aise hi puch raha tha... tum banwati nahi ho yahan se isliye laga itna kya zaroori hai jo abhi chahiye." He asked simply.

"Jab aayega tab bata dungi, " she was equally casual about it.

His heart flipped at her words.

"Aisa karna pehen ke hi dikha dena." He said, stealing a glance at her, trying to read her reaction.

Naina shrugged, "Theek hai, dikha dungi."

For a moment, Sameer wondered if he had actually seen the right paper. Naina had accepted his request to wear it so easily... she could not wear the deep neck blouse to college. But the paper had her name written on it. Was it possible that she had planned to wear it for him... only for him...

The numbers swam again in front of his eyes.

Breathing hard, he rested his back on the tree, scared to close his eyes... lest her rain drenched image torment him again.

She looked back at him, then shifted a little and placed her head in the crook of his neck, one hand on his chest.

He swallowed... holding his thundering feelings, he slowly put a hand around her shoulder.

"Aaj film dekhkar bohot mazaa aaya... hum fir se chalenge." She said chirpily, unaware of the storm brewing inside him.

"Hmm... theek hai." His voice was lost.

"Kya hua... tumhe maza nahi aaya kya... Salman ki wajah se?" She chuckled, "Agli baar kisi aur ki dekh lenge... par iss baar khud hi check kar lena... kahin fir se surprise mil jaye."

He smiled, "Kar lunga."

She sensed something was amiss.

She shifted her head to look at his face, "Kuch hua hai kya, Sameer? Tum ukhde hue se lag rahe ho."

He gave a bright smile to her, "Nahi toh... kya hoga? Bilkul theek hun."

"Mujhse chupaoge?" She placed a hand on his cheek.

He closed his eyes, her hand making his skin hot.

Naina felt his heart go drumming wildly against her...

She sat up straight...

He opened his eyes, feeling the hand move away from his face, along with the weight on his chest.

The dark eyes that stared into hers had gone darker... she shivered at the intensity in them.

"Naina," his voice was deep, "mujhe pata hai tum kya banwa rahi ho."

Her eyes did not falter.

"Maine dekha." His eyes searched for the surprise or anger in hers.

"Pata hai." Her voice was soft.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें