Terrace

It was probably the first time in many years that Sameer was waiting impatiently for his mother's call. The last time was the initial years of his hostel.

The call didn't come the whole day. When Munna asked him at night if she had called, Sameer gave a sarcastic smile.

"Jab jo karne ki umeed ho unse woh toh kabhi nahi karti."

Next day also did not bring any result.

When he called up Naina in the night, she was tensed.

"Itni pareshan kyon ho, Naina? Kya ho gaya?"

"Sameer, tumhe phone nahi aaya na... agar woh baat khatam ho gayi toh bhi humein pata toh chalna chahiye... kya tum phone karke puch nahi sakte?" She was upset.

"Umm... Naina main tumhe thodi der mein call karun?" He asked.

She thought maybe he will call up his mother and talk about the issue that was troubling them for the past few days.

"Theek hai." She disconnected.

After about twenty minutes, the phone rang again.

"Hello", she quickly picked up.

"Naina, ab tumhe dekh kar baat karni hai... bahar aa jao." His voice was cheerful.

Naina ran to the balcony. He stood in the phone booth across the road. Seeing her standing there in a light pink kurta, hair tied in a messy bun, loose tendrils falling on her cheeks, face glowing in the moonlight... he forgot everything.

"Sameer, tum yahan kaise aa gaye?" She beamed at him.

He was lost in her beauty.

"Sameer... bolo na... sab theek hai na?" She was worried again, wrinkling her nose at him.

Seeing her expression, he came back to his senses, "Sorry, sab theek hai."

"Toh bol kyon nahi rahe... aise chup rehne ke liye aaye ho?", she complained.

"Naina, tum bohot sundar lag rahi ho", his gaze was fixed on her.

Her anger was gone in a moment and she lowered her eyes... he was sure the red streak had made its way up her neck, covering the face.

"Suno, ye baal khol do na", he wanted her to do what he had always been doing for her.

Her hand went behind her back and next moment the long hair fell in soft waves, some in front, over her left shoulder.

He exhaled sharply.

Naina bit her lip... her action from this distance also made him go breathless.

"Aise mat karo na, please", he said in a hoarse voice.

Naina wanted to run to him... she was seeing him after two days... they had not met after he had dropped her at Preeti's parlour in the afternoon the day before.

"Naina, kya tum neeche aa sakti ho abhi?" He seemed to have read her thoughts.

"Abhi... abhi kaise Sameer, sab honge bahar wale kamre mein..." she looked behind.

He sighed, "Koi baat nahi... kam se kam tumhe dekh to liya."

Her eyes brightened as a thought struck her, "Umm... ek kaam kar sakti hun... par uske liye tumhe ek ghanta rukna padega."

She could see his face change instantly...even from the distance... his smile was wider.

"Saari raat bhi intezaar kar sakta hun", he said with a dip of his head.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें