Doctor

"Hello Naina,  please jaldi ghar aaja... bohot badi mushkil ho gayi hai",  the panic in Swati's voice scared Naina.

In no time, she got ready and left for Swati's house.

Her mother had a harried look on her face, "Ab tum dono hi sambhalo usko... main toh thak gayi... sagai mein yeh haal hai... shaadi mein toh yeh ladki hamein pagal kar degi".

They both ran to Swati's room, dreading what they'll hear or see.

The moment she saw her friends, Swati hugged both of them and started crying, "Dekho na... teen din mein meri sagai hai... aur mere baal parlour wali ne kaise kar diye."

Preeti consoled her, "Ro kyon rahi hai... dikha kya hua hai?"

Wiping her tears, Swati turned to show her hair... she had gone for a trim and the girl at the parlour had given a clearly uneven cut, making the hair look shabby. Preeti checked her from all angles and smiled in satisfaction.

"Zyada nahi bigde hain... Tu kahe toh main theek kar sakti hun... bas thode chote ho jaayenge... chalega na?" She confirmed with her friend.

Swati looked at Naina and then at Preeti, "Tu kar paayegi? Matlab abhi toh tu seekh hi rahi hai... isse zyaada kharab ho gaye toh kahin Munna mujhe sagai karne ko mana hi na karde".

Naina tried to pacify her, "Preeti kar legi... abhi toh seekh bhi rahi hai... mere baal isne school mei kaate the... aur tune dekha hi tha kitne achhe kaate the."

That assured Swati.

Preeti made her sit on a chair in front of the mirror and went on to do her job for fifteen minutes.

At the end of it, Swati looked at herself and was astonished...  her hair looked great, reaching a little below her shoulders, they were cut in layers, giving a good volume... first layer falling on her face.

She beamed at her reflection, "Preeti yeh toh bohot hi achha lag raha hai... ekdum kamaal... Karishma Kapoor jaisa".

Naina also gave an admiring look to her sister... Preeti pulled up her imaginary collars.

This problem out of the way, Swati started showing her sarees to both girls. She had short listed two sarees... one in red and one in orange... and she wasn't sure which one to wear.

"Mere khyaal se toh tujhe laal wali pehenni chahiye", Preeti adviced her.

Naina looked at both and gave her opinion, " Yeh orange wali bhi achchi hai... kuch alag si hai... laal toh shaadi pe pehen lena... abhi yeh pehen le."

Swati picked the orange one, keeping it on one shoulder and checking out in the mirror, "Haan, baat toh teri theek hai, Naina... yehi pehen leti hun."

They started to select the accessories to go with it. Swati realised that jewelry was ok but she didn't have bangles to go with it.

"Chalo tum log, market se chudiyaan le aate hain... tum saath chaloge toh mummy mana bhi nahi karengi",  Swati urged them to accompany her.

Preeti sighed, getting up, "Mujhe toh parlour jana hai class ke liye... tu Naina ko le jaa."

The thought of going to the market brought back the memories of her trip two days back... and she shivered. When Sameer had told her that he had seen her that day, trying out the lehenga... she was stunned.

She and Preeti were mindlessly doing anything that day... she was extremely embarrassed. And Sameer had seen everything... her dress, her movements, her stupid reactions to what Preeti said...

She had not dared to go out of the house for two days... nor had she talked to him on phone. She had asked Preeti to tell him that she was asleep. He had repeatedly requested Preeti to call her on phone but Naina didn't relent... she could not forget how he had reacted to seeing her that day... and it made her blush to the roots. Preeti also asked her why she was avoiding Sameer, thinking that she had fought with him.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें