Pankh

Sameer had been lying in bed for some time now.  The light fever that had been there since morning, was probably leaving his body.  The sweating continued. He was not sure it was because of the medicines or Naina's actions.

She brought a wet handkerchief again, and started wiping his forehead, face and neck. It wasn't easy this time. He was awake... and his eyes were fixed on her.

She tried to keep hers on the job she was doing but moving her hand on his skin, with just a thin fabric in between, was playing on her senses.

Sameer was lost... all that he had experienced today and what he was seeing now was giving him a glimpse of his future with Naina... a peek into his life when she would be Mrs. Maheshwari.

No one had given him this much importance, this much care, this much attention... he noticed the tension lines on her forehead, the faint dark circles due to lack of sleep last night... she had him and only him in her mind.

Once satisfied that his skin had cooled down, Naina washed the handkerchief and left it on the towel rail in the bathroom.

She then started getting ready to leave as it was already past five. She tied her hair again, and wore the cap. Sameer was watching every movement of hers.

She looked around to see if anything needed clearing up. A few things were on the table that she neatly put back in their place, his towel was lying on the side table, she put it to dry in the bathroom and put the empty lunch dishes near the door. Satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, she looked back at Sameer.

He smiled and gestured her to come closer. She went to him and sat on the bed... near his waist. He raised himself on his elbow, head resting in his palm, and winked.

"Ab yeh kisliye?" Naina smirked.

"Dil kiya... jaise tum sab sambhal rahi thi na... mujhe, mere samaan ko, mere kamre ko... aisa laga ki biwi ho meri", he voiced his thought.

She looked down shyly for a few moments, then looking back at him, pinched his nose,  "Zyaada tez nahi daud rahe, Mr Maheshwari?"

With a cheeky smile, he pinched her nose too, "Main toh isse bhi tez daudna chahta hun, Mrs Maheshwari. "

She blushed.

He could not move his eyes away from her.

"Raat ko bhi achche se khana kha lena... muh kadwa hai bolke chod mat dena",  she instructed.

He shook his head, " Ab muh kadwa nahi hai... tumne meetha kar diya."

Her ears turned hot.

Just then, there was a soft knock on the door, along with Rahul's voice, "Sameer".

He opened the door a crack, to be sure there was no one else. Rahul gestured to send Naina. She waved at Sameer and left with Rahul.

Sameer kept watching till she went down the stairs at the end of the corridor.

The room suddenly looked empty. He sighed and laid back on the bed, arms folded behind his head.

He had never imagined till last year that his life could be so beautiful. He was left with no grudges, Naina had removed all traces of bitterness from his heart... now it was full of love... and dreams.

Few more months and they will finish the second year of college. One more year after that and he could marry her. He will. There was no doubt left in his mind after what happened since yesterday. He had seen Naina's determination, her grit, her strength... she will hold his hand in front of everyone... even against her family.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें