Kasam

Next morning, Naina could not look at Sameer in the eye... the images of her dreams vivid in her mind. He, however, was more unabashed, their conversation the previous day giving him the courage to speak up in front of her.

"Kal fir sapna dekha, Naina," he leaned towards her as they walked together to the classroom.

She was mortified... how could she say that her dreams were not so masoom either.

Unaware of her turmoil, he whispered, "Puchogi nahi kya dekha?"

Before she could say anything or he could pester her further, the familiar voice reached their ears.

"Nainaaa."

Sonali was next to them, smiling widely.

"Yeh le," she produced a brown paper packet and gave it to Naina.

"Thank you," quickly keeping it in her bag, she started walking to the class, so that they are directly in the hearing range of Sonali and Sameer doesn't ask any more questions.

He was quiet till they settled down on the first seat.

"Naina, Sonali ne kya diya hai tumko?" He leaned again.

"Kuch nahi... woh maine kuch mangwaya tha usse... wohi laayi hai." She kept her eyes down while answering.

"Toh mujhe kyon nahi bola? Main laa deta jo bhi chahiye tha... hum saath chalke le aate." He narrowed his eyes wondering why Naina was lying.

"Aisa kuch khaas nahi hai... bas chhuttiyon se pehle Sonali ne pucha toh maine laane ko keh diya." She tried to brush off his questions.

The professor entered, forcing Sameer to stop his interrogation. But the thought did not leave his mind. What was there in the packet?

Naina did not hide anything from him. She had even become comfortable about her periods and told him about her requirements... in fact once he had gone alone go the chemist to get a packet of sanitary napkins for her. Then what was it that she wanted now which she could not share with him. He was unable to concentrate on the lecture.

After the classes for the day were over, Sameer asked her to come to the library.

Naina was happy that he wanted to divert his mind to studies.

The library was almost empty in the afternoon. They went to their seat near the window.

"Aaj kya padhna hai, Sameer?" She started to take out the notebook from her bag.

He held her hand, making her look at him. She raised her eyebrows in question.

"Please batao na, Naina.. . aisa kya mangwaya hai Sonali se jo hum khud nahi la sakte the?" He could not contain his curiosity anymore.

A hint of smile appeared at the corner of her lips, "Sameer, tumhe sab kyon janna hai... kuch cheezein hoti hai ladkiyon ki... tumhe dekhna zaroori nahi hai."

Her words only made his resolve stronger, "Dekho Naina, yeh toh main jaankar hi rahunga ki tumne kya mangwaya hai... ya toh tum apni khushi se bata do ya main apne tareeke se pata kar lunga."

"Achha, itna bharosa hai khud pe? Theek hai... pata kar lo kyonki main toh nahi batane wali." She challenged him.

Sameer was surprised... he had expected Naina to give in when he talked about 'apna tareeka'... but she was not ready to budge. He was more intrigued now... he had to find out... and soon.

Seeing no other option, he picked up her bag and ran. By the time Naina realised what he's up to, he was out of the library. She ran after him, just in time to see him vanish up the stairs. He had gone to the terrace. She quickly started to climb up.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें