Fun

The boy seemed to be taking forever.

"Meri toh itni jaldi lag gayi fir Naina ki mehendi mein itna time kyon lag raha hai?" Sameer's irritated voice reached Rahul.

"Tere jaise ek phool aur naam thodi likhwayegi... uska toh poora design hoga... dekh Sonali ko." Rahul pointed at his soon to be bride.

Sameer looked in the direction he pointed and was shocked to see Sonali's mehendi. Her hands were covered till elbows. And her feet had the intricate pattern as well... his eyes went wide in horror as he saw the pattern going a little above her ankles.

"Itni saari kyon lagayi isne?" He looked at Rahul.

By now Rahul had understood that this was the first wedding Sameer was attending in his life...

"Uski shaadi hai isliye... dulhan ki mehendi aisi hi hoti hai." He smiled.

Sameer looked back at Sonali, then at Naina... her other hand was now in the grasp of the boy applying mehendi. He imagined the same person holding Naina's leg, bending over it like he was doing now over her hand...

No way...

He decided that it would be a girl who would come for Naina's mehendi. Or he would do it himself.

He had still accepted the tailor as she could write her measurements and give to him... but she could not draw her leg on a paper and give to a mehendi wala... no, even if she could, why would a random guy hold a drawing of Naina's leg.

He squeezed his eyes shut. It had to be a girl at their marriage. He would start looking for one right away. Munna Pandit could help him find one in Ahmedabad.

Naina was happy with the beautiful pattern adoring her hands, the curved alphabets of their names inconspicuous in one palm. Naina smiled shyly, thinking about the day when she would get his name written boldly on her hand and show it to everyone.

Sameer breathed in relief when finally Naina got up and moved to sit on the other side of Sonali.

"Naina, tune Sonali ko toh khana khila diya tha par tune nahi khaya na?" Bhabhi guessed correctly.

"Maine khaya na bhabhi... tab gayi thi khane." Naina did not mention Sameer's name, seeing the crowd around them.

"Maine wahan bas Sameer ko khate dekha... tere haath mein kuch tha hi nahi... main Sharma aunty ko leke gayi thi khaane ke liye tab dekha tha." Bhabhi gave her a deep look, coming and sitting closer to the girls.

Naina felt the colour rise on her cheeks at the thought of what else she might have seen.

Her wink confirmed that she did see what Naina was thinking.

"Main khila deti hun... woh scene toh dubaara milna abhi mushkil hai." Bhabhi smirked.

If Naina had any small doubt earlier, it was completely gone now.

"Kya hua... mujhe bhi batao na." Sonali leaned closer to Naina.

Bhabhi laughed, "Naina se hi pooch le... aisa kya hua dining area mein... kyon isne haath pe SN likhwaya hai... kyon laal laal ho rahi hai."

"Bas kijiye na, bhabhi." Naina had turned completely red.

"Yeh bhabhi bas karne walon mein se nahi hain Naina... tere aane se mujhe thoda chain mila hai warna itne dino se mere peeche padi thi." Sonali sighed.

Bhabhi pulled Sonali's cheeks, "Bas aur ek din peeche pad sakti hun tere... fir toh le jayega woh jo college mein tere peeche pad gaya tha."

"Ye lo, aa gayi meri baari," Sonali wrinkled her nose.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें