Storm

They sat down to have tea. As Naina took a sip, she pursed her lips and then wiped them with the tip of her tongue.

"Chai achhi nahi bani kya? Ramdhari ne toh tumhari pasand ki banayi hai... mujhe bhi nahi pata tha tum itni meethi chai peeti ho",  Sameer saw her reaction to a small sip.

Naina nibbled at the mathri she had in her hand, "Main toh sirf do baar aayi thi yahan... jab pehli baar aayi toh nanaji ki tabiyat kharab thi... iss tension mein yaad hi nahi kya piya tha... doosri baar jab Ramdhari ne pucha toh maine ghabra ke keh diya do chammach... mujhe aadat nahi hai koi mujhe aise puche... lekin main toh sirf aadhi chammach chini dalti hun".

Sameer laughed aloud... Naina had mentioned something in nervousness and Ramdhari had kept it in his mind even after four years... he was amazed.

"Main tumhare liye dusri chai banwa deta hun... Ramdhari ko bhi samjha dunga... yeh rehne do",  he took away her cup.

Naina tried to take it back, " Nahi Sameer, unko bura lagega... main pee lungi."

Sameer gave her a surprised look, "Kaise peeogi itni meethi chai... aur Ramdhari ko pata hona chahiye... akhir tumhe yahin aana hai... roz thodi aisi chai peogi."

Naina blushed at his mention of coming to his house forever.

"Tum isme se pee lo", Sameer held his cup to her.

She looked at the cup, then at him... he raised his brows, indicating her to take the cup.

Naina took it from him and sipped the tea... it was perfect. Another sip and Sameer snatched it back.

Naina was startled, "Arre, wapas kyon cheena?"

"Zyaada meethi kar dogi tum", he smiled.

Turning the cup and placing his lips where she had put hers, he took a sip,  "Mmmm... itni achhi chai toh maine aaj tak nahi pee."

Naina lowered her eyes... she had tried calming her jumbled emotions earlier but the turmoil in her mind was not settling down... his embrace was comforting but such talks were again dithering her.

Later, as they sat in the car, Sameer kept his hand on hers, "Naina, mujhe pata hai kuch hai jiski wajah se aaj tum kisi uljhan mein ho... main tumhari yeh uljhan mitana chahta hun... lekin abhi tum shayad mujhe bata nahi paa rahi... tum time le lo... jitna chaho... par apni pareshani mujhe batana zaroor...  main apni Naina ko aise khoya hua nahi dekh sakta."

Naina smiled and nodded... wondering how could she ever tell him what all was burdening her mind at present.

He closed his fingers on her hand, lifting it to his lips and planted a kiss on her fingertips... and slowly moved the same hand to her face, placing her fingertips on her lips.

Naina, already a mess internally, crumbled at this touch. She slumped on the seat, closing her eyes.

Sameer immediately bent towards her, tapping on the cheek, "Naina, Naina... kya hua? Tabiyat kharab hai? Naina... "

Without opening her eyes, she mumbled, "Sameer, mujhe Preeti ke parlour chod doge please."

Preeti came out of the parlour and was amazed to see Sameer, alone.

"Jijaji, Naina kahan hai?" She looked around.

"Preeti, ghar pe kuch hua hai kya? Naina aaj  pareshaan lag rahi hai... mujhe bataya bhi nahi... mujhe laga tumhe pata hoga",  he shared his concern with Preeti.

She gave a perplexed look, "Pareshaan? Jab ghar se library ke liye nikli thi toh bilkul theek thi... hum dono toh aaj din mein bohot hanse the... ghar pe aisa kuch nahi hua".

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें