Shopping

Feeling contended after eating his favourite paranthas, Sameer started his bike.

Naina perched herself on the narrow seat and put her hands on his shoulders... without hesitation.

Sameer was elated at her increased comfort level with their closeness.

They hit the road and this time Sameer did not have to go extra slow... though, at a few places, when the bike lurched due to bad roads, and he could feel her body touch his back, Naina immediately shifted a little, keeping enough distance between them.

He stopped in front of a large market area.

"Yahan kyon aaye hai hum? Tumhe kuch khareedna hai kya? " She asked, stepping down.

Sameer parked the bike and held her hand, walking towards the shops, "Mujhe nahi tumhe khareedna hai."

"Kya lena hai? Mujhe toh kisi cheez ki zaroorat nahi hai", Naina gave him a puzzled look.

He stopped and looked down at her,
" Kabhi kabhi zaroorat ke bina bhi kuch le lena chahiye... sirf khushi ke liye... aur aaj main chahta hun ki tum apni marzi se shopping karo... apne liye kuch bhi le lo... sirf aur sirf tumhari pasand se... aur yeh meri taraf se gift hoga".

Naina was touched by his thought.

Looking nervously at the big showrooms, she tightened her hold on his hand,  "Sameer, yeh toh bohot mehngi hongi na... chalo kahin aur dekhte hain. "

Sameer fondly looked at her hand clutching his own, and then at her face, all tensed up.

"Yahan tumhe bohot achcha samaan mil jaayega... hum yahin chalenge, " He pressed her hand in assurance.

They walked in a huge shop displaying all types of traditional and modern dresses.

Naina looked around anxiously.

"Hamein kuch achche dresses dikhaiye... inke liye." Sameer told the person at the counter, pointing at Naina.

Nodding, the sales person fetched several dresses and laid them on the counter. He started showing them one by one.

Naina glanced at each dress and then at Sameer, waiting for his opinion.
After a few, Sameer leaned towards her and whispered, "Tum meri nahi apni pasand se lo... jo bhi theek lage woh try karke dekh lena."

Hesitantly, she chose four dresses and walked to the trial room. A sales girl assisted her, waiting outside the trial room, holding other dresses.

Naina tried the first one but did not like it... she asked for the second one, tried it but didn't like it either. She put on the third one... blue colour... it looked nice... but a zipper at the back was too low and it was stuck... Naina could not close it. She decided to ask the sales girl for help.

"Aap please andar aake meri help kar dengi... yeh zip atak gayi hai", Naina called out to her.

" Jee", the girl stepped in the trial room.

Sameer was watching from a little distance. He wanted to see Naina in those outfits. But she did not come out of the trial room even once... and now the sales girl had gone in.

He immediately walked up to the small room and called out, "Naina, sab theek hai na?  Koi problem toh nahi hai?"

Naina answered, "Kuch nahi... bas woh ek dress mein kuch help chahiye thi. "

The sales girl could not fix the zipper after repeated attempts.

She asked Naina to wait, "Main aapko iska dusra piece laake deti hun", she stepped out and seeing Sameer waiting there, called back to Naina, " Ma'am, aap apne husband se yeh zip try karwa lijiye... waise main bhi doosra check kar leti hun."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें