Music

She took a few steps towards the entrance, turning back immediately when she saw some people carrying food containers coming out of the building.

That is when she noticed the paper... a small chit pasted on the pillar. It had a guitar drawn on it... with some music notes.

No words, no names, no directions... still she knew where Sameer wanted her to come.

Slapping her forehead, she grumbled, "Pehle hi aankhen khol ke nahi dekh sakti thi? Itna time barbaad kar diya."

Plucking the chit off the pillar, she ran to the music room.

Sameer wanted to meet her where he could show how much he had missed her. The college entrance was not the right place to see his Naina closely after a long gap of three days. He could not trust himself.

After ruling out the terrace as electrician would be working on the next one, library as the peon usually came early to sort out the books left here and there the previous day, classroom as some other student might drop in early... he zeroed in on music room. He had always seen it unused in the first half of the day. In fact, he himself came here during his initial days in the morning, playing guitar all alone.

He had hoped Naina would see the chit... he could not put up anything which could be understood by others.

Looking at his watch, he wondered why she was late.

"Kahin hawa se udd toh nahi gaya paper?" He worried.

Just then, he heard footsteps. Quickly, he took position.

Naina peeped into the room through the half open door. No one was around.

She stepped in delicately.

The creek of closing door made her turn.

The strumming sound reached her before she saw him.

Hum tere bin kahin reh nahi paate
Tum nahi aate toh hum maar jaate

His beautiful voice softly matched the music.

Hum tere bin kahin reh nahi paate
Tum nahi aate toh hum mar jaate

Hayee pyaar kya cheez hai
Yeh jaan nahi paate

He walked around her, eyes fixed on her face as his lips and fingers moved.

Naina looked up at his eyes, brimming with love as he poured his heart out in the song.

When he stopped, placing the guitar on the table beside him, with his back towards her, Naina could not bear the distance anymore.

She stepped ahead and hugged him from behind, arms moving over his chest, resting one palm over his heart as it drummed wildly.

Sameer closed his eyes and threw his head back, exhaling in relief as her softness melted away the yearning of so many days.

He covered her hands with his.

After a few minutes of taking in each other's presence, he turned, craving for her sight as his arms ached to go around her.

Naina raised her eyes to his face... having the same craving.

In less than a second they wrapped their hands around each other, pushing themselves more and more close.

A few tears escaped her eyes,  as she felt the warmth around her again.

"Bohot miss kiya tumhe, Sameer." She murmured against his chest.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें