Clarification

Sameer increased the speed of bike.

"Sameer, itni tez kyon chala rahe ho?" She asked in a scared voice, getting no reply.

The nagging feeling that he was angry came back to Naina. He never rode at this speed.

"Mujhe darr lag raha hai, Sameer," she said in a shaky voice, eyes pooling up.

He slowed down a bit and moved his head sideways, "Humein jaldi pohochana hai, Naina... isliye tez chala raha hun... tum achhi tarah pakad ke baitho."

"Ek taraf toh gussa karta hai... fir kehta hai pakad ke baitho... mujhse chutkara paane ki itni jaldi hai ki bike ko hawaai jahaaz banana hai... kaise pakad sakti hun jab isko mujhse baat hi nahi karni." Her mind voice got a chance to speak today.

"Naina, maine kaha pakad ke baitho... dono haathon se... main aaj tez hi chalaunga... tum daro nahi... tumhe kuch nahi hone dunga." He reduced the speed further, assuring her as he insisted on holding him.

Naina reluctantly wrapped her arms around him... instantly the bike picked up speed again.

They reached the college in about half the time.

As she got off the bike, holding onto his shoulder for support, his hand came on hers, to help her balance.

"Gussa hai ya nahi hai... theek se bata bhi nahi sakta... aise kaise pata chalega?" Her mind voice was active again, making her confused over his mixed reactions.

"Mujhe aadhe ghante mein wahi milo," he said before turning towards his building.

Naina went to her room with a heavy heart. Standing in front of the mirror, she looked at herself. In spite of tying them in a pony, her hair had tangled up... thanks to the high speed of his bike. She took off the band and combed properly, till her hair fell in soft waves on her back. She stared at her reflection.

Sameer had appeared to be liking her when she had banged into him... initially, he had touched her delicately, even smelled her hair... then why he had become so quiet at the breakfast table? He did not talk to her properly after that.

"Jab paseene mein bheegi hui dekha tha tab toh kaha khili khili lag rahi hun... aur jab naha ke aayi toh isko problem ho gayi." She complained to her reflection.

After freshening up, she locked the room to go and meet him.

Sameer had already been waiting.

"Kya kaha tha tumne... main tumse naraaz hun... kyon laga aisa?" He was standing in front of her the moment she reached.

Naina stepped back, "Woh tum baat  nahi kar rahe subah se... alu paranthe bhi nahi khaye... yahan tak ki khana bhi nahi khaya theek se... kuch toh baat hai na!"

He held her shoulders, "Tumhe kyon lagta hai ki jo baat hai woh tumhari wajah se hai?"

She gulped... it meant there was something...

"Mujhe pata hai woh baat kya hai." She said in a low voice.

Sameer widened his eyes, "Tum... tumhe kaise pata?"

Her eyes filled up, "Tumhe mujhpe gussa aaya na ki main aise bure haal mein bathroom se nikli... matlab  bikhre baal, gile kapde... par maine pehle kabhi iss baare mein socha nahi tha... matlab hamesha aise hi bahar aa jati hun... par shaadi ke baad tum mujhe aise bhoot bane hue nahi dekhoge... main dhyaan rakhungi... par tum aise gussa mat ho please... mujhe bohot bura lag raha hai."

Sameer could not believe what he heard... he gaped at her, jaw hanging... not knowing what to say.

She waited for some time. He did not move, making her more uneasy.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें