Meeting

After they finished their dinner, Munna Pandit decided to watch a movie with Sameer. Checking out their collection, they chose their favourite... Maine Pyaar Kiya. Although they had seen it numerous times, it was always fresh... reminding them of their school days... Munna getting lost in the thoughts of Swati, Pandit hoping to find someone like Suman... the heroine of the movie, Sameer dreaming about Naina.

Polishing off the bowls of wafers and popcorn, in spite of a heavy dinner, the two boys remained engrossed in the movie while the third one was playing his own movie in his mind.

When he saw Naina in the market, he just wanted to run and take her in his arms. She looked so petite, so delicate... even more fragile than what she looked in Mumbai. Dressed in a simple pastel green skirt and top, hair tied in a low pony, something she never did in Mumbai... she still managed to take his breath away.

And then the super tight hugs of these girls... he sighed.

Naina definitely seemed to be fond of tight hugs... he remembered the one time she had hugged him... trying to crush him completely... how much he had loved it... how much he wanted it again...

Closing his eyes, he picked up the pillow and held it tightly... making do with it for now.

And the way she had given her phone number to him... he was spellbound. This girl was something. He recalled their phone call... how she had whispered 'mera Sameer'...

"Mere rang mein rangne wali... ",  the song started playing on the screen, dragging him out of his Nainaworld... but for Sameer, every world was Nainaworld.

The song made him more desperate to be with her. He could not take it anymore.

Getting up, he grabbed his bike keys, looking at his friends, " Main Naina se milne jaa raha hun."

He got their attention instantly.

"Aye ponga, dekh hamara bhai khudkushi karne chala hai", Munna was scared.

Pandit tried to explain, " Dekh bhai, abhi raat ke dus baj rahe hain... uska poora parivaar ghar pe hoga... maar, maar ke ganja kar denge woh log hamein, " He was almost crying, "Mujhe to abhi tak tumhaari bhabhi bhi nahi mili aur ganja ho gaya toh kabhi milegi bhi nahi... bhai, reham kar apne bhai pe",  he pleaded with folded hands.

Sameer looked at their drama in amusement and declared, " Main to jaa raha hun... tum logon ko aana hai toh aao nahi toh apni nautanki karo yahan baith ke... bas mujhe bata do uska ghar kahan hai. "

Pandit looked at Munna in exasperation. They both let out a long breath and followed their friend. Munna directed Sameer to Naina's locality. He parked the bike a little away from her building.

Walking down to the gate of her society, Munna pointed towards the balcony,  "Yeh hai Naina Preeti ka kamra... do baar Swati ko yahan choda hai maine to pata hai... Preeti yahin se ishare karke batati thi ki Swati neeche aa rahi hai, " he shyly revealed his source.

Sameer looked around. There was a public phone booth right in front of her society. He walked in and dialled the number, hoping Naina will pick up.

The shrill ring of phone rang in the quiet house. Preeti had come to the kitchen to have water. She ran to pick it up before it could disturb the sleep of her parents.

"Hello."

No response.

"Hellooo... bolo bhai... baat nahi karni to itni raat ko kyun phone mila rahe ho? Ullu ho kya jo sone ke time pe phone kar rahe ho woh bhi baat nahi karne ke liye. "

Sameer held the receiver a little away from his ear and looked at it with a frown... both sisters had the same habit of blabbering.

He smiled and brought it back to his mouth, " Preeti... main Sameer. "

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें