Jaadu

Together, they cleared the entire mess... Naina folded his clothes and Sameer placed them in the cupboard, he arranged the furniture properly and she cleaned the shards from the floor, he set the study table with all the books and she placed his toiletries back on the  cabinet.

"Chalo Naina, ab bahar chalte hain... yahan sab theek ho gaya", he looked around, rubbing his hands in satisfaction.

She pursed her lips, "Nahi... tum yahin ruko... main sabko yahin bulati hun."

He gave a perplexed look, "Yahan kyon? Hum chalte hain na bahar... Munna Pandit pareshan honge."

Smiling, she held his hand and said softly, "Isiliye yahan ka haal dikhana hai... jisse unhe pata chale ki toofan khatam ho gaya aur ab uske nishaan bhi nahi bache."

He stared at her, wondering how she could understand everyone's emotional needs.

Naina went out to ask Ramdhari to prepare breakfast, she knew nobody would have eaten anything since morning.

Munna Pandit and Preeti were sitting in the living room, each one tensed and lost.

Seeing her coming out, Pandit jumped, "Kaisa hai Sameer? Shant hua ya nahi? Waise kaafi der se uski awaz nahi aayi hai... bhabhi, aap theek ho na?"

Munna came rushing towards her, "Tumhe toh kuch nahi kaha na usne... kahin lagi wagi toh nahi... woh kuch bhi utha ke phenk deta hai bina dekhe", he rubbed the side of his head, which had borne the brunt of a heavy book that Sameer had thrown, not knowing that Munna had entered the room.

She smiled, "Tum sab khud jake dekh lo... Sameer andar hi hai."

Pandit stepped back in fear, "Nahi nahi, main toh yahin theek hun... jab Sameer aise tandav karta hai toh usse jitna dur ho sake utna hi rehna theek hai."

Munna also looked uncertain.

"Sameer ab gussa nahi hai... woh bilkul theek hai... tum log jao toh sahi... Preeti tu bhi jaa."

Pandit looked at her with wide eyes, "Kyon isse shaheed karwa rahi ho, bhabhi" he looked at Preeti, "Soch le... jaan hatheli pe leke jaana padega."

Preeti chided him, "Chup kar Pandit, jab Naina ne keh diya sab theek hai matlab sab badhiya hai... main toh jaa rahi hun jijaji se milne... tum darpok banke baithe raho."

She started walking to Sameer's room. Both boys ran behind her.

The door was already open.

Munna Pandit looked around in wonder. When they had last seen the room, it looked like a warzone... with books, clothes, cassettes and show pieces lying all around... some broken with the impact. The bed had been a mess too, pillows on the floor, blanket half on the couch and half under it.

And now everything was like earlier, before the storm struck... in fact, it was even better. A neatly made bed, folded blanket, arranged books on the shelf, stack of cassettes  on the table, next to the small cassette player... Even the dresser looked clean. The cupboard was shut but they were sure of its perfect state.

Sameer stood in the center of the room, hands in pocket, smiling.

"Bhai, jaadu ki chhadi ghuma di kya kamre pe? Aisa kaise kar diya? Jab yahan se nikle the toh aisa nahi tha, haina Munna?" Pandit closely looked at the arranged table.

Munna smiled, his eyes pooling up with unshed tears, "Pata tha, yaar, bhabhi sambhaal legi tujhe... tera ilaaj unke haath mein hi hai."

The three boys hugged each other as Preeti looked fondly at them, admiring their bond.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें