Praise

As they walked out of the room Naina noticed that Sonali had worn her dupatta in such a way that her back was covered now. A glimpse could be seen through the fabric but no skin was showing.

"Sonali, yeh dupatta kaise pehna hai?" She asked.

"Parlour wali didi ne set kiya hai... neck deep tha toh aise achha nahi lagta na... kyonki baal bandh liye hain maine... isliye unhone kaha aise chup jayega... bura lag raha hai kya?" She was conscious.

"Arre nahi... bohot achha lag raha hai... ekdum perfect... kitna sahi idea hai... mere paas bhi aisa ek blouse hai... usme try karke dekhungi." Naina assured her.

Sonali was satisfied about her look. They walked down the stairs together.

Rahul was surprised to see an extremely happy and cheerful Sameer. Putting the keys back from where he had taken them, he sat heavily on the bed, resting his back against the headboard.

"Aaj toh kuch alag hi chamak raha hai tu... kya baat hai?" Rahul exclaimed in a teasing tone.

A slight blush crept up on his face, "Naina se milke aisa hi hota hai hamesha."

"Achha, kal raat ko jab milke aaya tha toh lag raha tha heart attack aane wala hai tujhe... tab yeh chamak kyon nahi thi?" Rahul teased again.

Sameer recalled the last night's conversation with Naina on the terrace... and his shocked reaction over it. How dazed he had been with her revelation... he was surprised it was less than twenty four hours ago... so much had happened since then... their moments in the college brought a contented smile on his face.

Seeing him lost to the world, Rahul rolled his eyes and walked out of the room, a smile playing on his lips as he turned his back to Sameer... he had been with Sonali for quite some time... he could understand the look on Sameer's face.

After a shower, Sameer got dressed in a light pink shirt with the half jacket that Phulla bua had got made for him. It fitted him very well. He had never bought anything like this for himself... it had never occured to buy anything besides his regular clothes. He had only two kurtas that nanu had bought for the two consecutive diwalis that he was with him. And then, Naina had bought him two more... on Diwali again... the parallels between nanu and Naina never failed to intrigue him... it was like God had taken one and given him another... equally loving and caring... a replacement.

But he did wish sometimes that it would have been so much better had nanu seen how much Naina loved him. His eyes misted at the thought. Looking at his reflection, he  came back to present... Naina's words ringing in his ears, 'Unhe jab bhi yaad karo khush hoke karo... nanaji jahan bhi honge tumhe dekh rahe honge... aur tumhare chehre ki khushi unko kitna sukoon degi, socho.'

He smiled, turning to see Rahul entering the room, wearing an off white kurta with a half jacket as well.

They both praised each other's outfit... and wondered secretly how their would be wives react... having no idea what the two girls had in store for them.

As Sonali and Naina entered the covered area in the garden, all eyes went to them. Sonali's cousins came running to her gushing over her look.

An elderly lady, looking at the pretty girl with Sonali, asked her son sitting with her, "Yeh wali hai kya?"

Sahil was looking at Naina with open mouth, not able to hear anything that his mother said.

Not getting an answer, she looked at him... his expression said everything. She looked back at the girl... beautiful and graceful. Her warm smile and soft voice was definitely impressive. She made a mental note to talk to her daughter and Sonali's mother during the ceremony.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें