Getaway

They went back to the kitchen. Naina mixed the batter again and started to chop onions.

Sameer stood leaning against the platform, watching her.

The onions brought tears to her eyes which she wiped with the back of her hand.

Sameer was shocked, "Naina, tum ro kyon rahi ho?" Reaching her in long strides, he cupped her chin, turning her face towards himself.

She smiled amidst the tears, "Ro nahi rahi,  buddhu, pyaaz katne se toh aansu aatein hi hain."

"To tum aaj ke baad kabhi pyaaz nahi katogi", he snatched the knife from her.

Naina laughed, " Pyaaz ke bina khana kaise banega... yeh toh har cheez mein padti hai".

He thought for a while, "Theek hai, main kaat dunga... par tumhare aansu nahi dekh sakta."

"Aur tumhare aansu main dekh paungi kya?" She looked into his eyes.

He saw his face in her brown eyes and forgot everything.

"Aaj pakode milenge bhi ya nahi", Preeti's voice brought them back to their surroundings.

"Nahi... agar pyaaz katne se Naina ki aankhon mein aansu aate hain toh pakode nahi milenge", Sameer looked at his saaliji, showing no embarrassment.

Naina, however, lowered her eyes, fidgeting with the kitchen napkin.

Preeti wrapped her hands around her sister's shoulders, " Behen, ab jijaji ne pyaaz pe pabandi laga di hai toh aloo ke hi bana de."

Sameer stared at the hands wound around Naina, and looked away.

Naina smiled and went to pick up potatoes to peel... unknowingly making Sameer relax.

The pakode were ready soon and they placed it on the table... along with soft drinks. The plates were empty in no time... major work done by Pandit.

Amidst laughter and teasing, the gang enjoyed till it was lunch time.

Swati did not let Naina get up to help to serve lunch, "Tune bohot kaam kar liya... ab tu baith... khana hi toh lagana hai... hum laga lenge... chalo Munna... aur Pandit tu zara bartan laane mein madad kar."

Pandit looked at Munna in surprise.

Munna sighed, getting up, "Chal bhai Pandit, yeh toh sabko kaam pe lagati hai... bhabhi ko chod diya isliye Sameer bach gaya... usse pata hai bhabhi ke bina hamara bhai yahan se hilega nahi."

As they left, Sameer looked at Naina, seated a little away from him.

"Naina, yahan aake baitho na, itni dur kyon baithi ho?" He leaned to pull her to him.

Naina shifted further away, "Woh log khana lene gaye hain... banane nahi... ek minute mein aa jayenge... toh zara hosh mein raho."

He shifted to close the distance between them... Naina, expecting him to do such a thing, got up immediately. Sameer held her hand and pulled with a jerk. She landed on his chest, her hands on his shoulders. His arm went around her waist.

Their faces were almost touching... his breath fanned her cheeks and she could feel the long fingers digging into her waist.

She fought hard to remain sane, "Sameer, please chodo, sab log aate honge."

He touched his nose to her cheeks, "Pehle promise karo ki khane ke baad mere saath baithogi."

"Par yahan sabke samne... kaise?" She protested.

His nose trailed down her neck, "Toh akele mein le chalunga tumhe."

Naina shivered, "Nahi... main baith jaungi... par abhi chod do... please."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें