Khushi

Morning was much better for Naina... the pain had reduced considerably. She attended the classes with Sameer, much to his relief. Their evening meetings resumed and he was happy.

By the end of the week, Naina had given a beautiful ending to her story.

On Friday evening, when she met Sameer at their spot, she was excited.

"Sameer, kal mujhe lecture ke baad TV walo ke office jana hai."

"Theek hai. Saath mein chalenge", he was elated to see her happy.

Next day they left after the two classes got over.

The channel office was huge and swanky. For a moment, Naina felt a little nervous. Seeing her hesitation, Sameer held her hand, pressing it to show his support.

"Tum bilkul mat ghabrana... tumhara kahani best hai... pure aatmvishvaas se unhe suna dena." He smiled at her.

His words gave her the confidence she needed.

They waited at the reception.

"Naina ji, aap jaa sakti hain andar", the peon informed her.

She got up, taking a step ahead... and looked back, frowning at Sameer who was still seated.

"Aao", she mouthed silently.

"Tum jao, main yahan rukta hun", he didn't want her to feel awkward in explaining his identity.

"Nahin Sameer, tum bhi chalo na... har kadam pe tum mere saath hote ho toh yahan kyon nahi?" She insisted.

"Naina, main chahta hun tum yeh kadam akele badhao... yeh tumhari udaan hai", Sameer said.

Naina came back to sit with him.

Holding his hand between her palms, she looked at him with eyes filled with love, "Meri koi bhi udaan tumhare bina nahi ho sakti... kyonki mere pankh toh tum ho... tumse alag yeh Naina kuch nahi hai."

Sameer could not say no to her argument.

They entered the office together.

"Aaiye Naina ji... baithiye", the person sitting on a huge leather chair offered her a seat.

Naina and Sameer took the chairs opposite him.

"Aap... ", he looked at Sameer.

"Yeh mere pati hain, Sameer... yeh bhi likhne mein meri madad karte hain", Naina said without hesitation.

Sameer tried to keep his expression neutral though his heart jumped at the introduction.

"Oh... humein laga aap student hain", the man was surprised.

Naina smiled, "College ke final year mein hain hum dono... shaadi jaldi ho gayi."

The man gave an understanding nod, getting his attention back to the reason he had called her.

"Mera naam Akash Kapoor hai. Main naye channel pe aane wale shows ka incharge hun. Aapki story ki outline hum sab ko bohot pasand aayi... agar aap ne poori kahani taiyar kar li hai toh bataiye." He explained everything along with his introduction.

Naina forwarded the folder, "Meri kahani taiyar hai... aap padh sakte hain."

"Haan, meri poori team padhegi, lekin agar abhi aap mujhe suna dengi toh mere liye faisla karna aasan ho jaayega." He said, taking the file.

Naina looked at Sameer... he nodded, giving a thumbs up sign to her.

She started her story... telling about the girl who had a restricted childhood but wanted to achieve something in life. Naina went on to describe her struggles at every stage of life and how she did not lose hope, rather went on to overcome each hurdle with a smile.

Mr. Kapoor was listening with interest.

Naina narrated the journey of her lead character from a poor, orphan girl to becoming a pilot in the Indian Air Force.

At the end of it, Mr. Kapoor had an appreciative smile on his face.

"Kya baat hai, Naina ji... aapne sach mein kamaal ki kahani likhi hai." He praised her.

"Thank you, sir", Naina was glad to hear that he liked it.

"Thank you toh humein aapko kehna chahiye ki aap ne humare naye channel ke liye ek behtareen show ka intezam kar diya. Hum jaldi hi iski casting shuru karte hain." He was excited.

So was Naina... though the channel has accepted her plot, in the back of her mind, she was apprehensive whether they will accept such a strong woman character, since most of the movies and TV programs showed women as weak, submissive and dependent.

Mr. Kapoor continued, "Iske liye formal approval letter main aapko abhi type karwa ke de deta hun."

He pressed the intercom and directed someone to make a letter, giving out all the details.

"Aapki kahani ka cheque aapko abhi mil jayega, approval letter ke saath... ab aap episode likhna shuru kar do. Jaise hi casting ho jaayegi, hum shooting shuru kar denge. Aur sab kuch bohot tezi se hoga kyonki yeh show har roz aayega. Isliye jitni jaldi ho sake aapko isse episodes mein banake dena hoga." He explained the process to Naina.

She nodded, "Main aaj se hi ispe kaam shuru kar dungi."

He remembered something, "Dekhiye, aap abhi nayi hain... waise toh kahani mein dum hai par fir bhi batana chahta hun ki har episode ke hum aapko abhi paanch hazaar hi denge... haan agar ye show hit ho gaya toh aage jake aap bees se pachees hazaar bhi demand kar sakti hain."

Naina's eyes opened wide for a moment but she immediately checked herself... not wanting to show her ignorance, "Koi baat nahi, pehli baar kar rahi hun toh aapki terms pe hi kar lungi."

Sameer was proud of the way she handled everything.

Soon, she was handed a letter of acceptance along with a cheque of fifty thousand rupees.

"Congratulations, Naina ji aur Sameer ji... aapke saath kaam karke humein behad khushi hogi." Mr. Kapoor shook hands with both of them.

They left the office with a polite thank you to Mr. Kapoor... their insides jumping in joy, ready to burst with happiness.

The moment they reached the parking area, Naina pressed his arm, "Sameer, main kahi khushi se pagal na ho jaun... itne saare paise... maine toh aaj tak itne paise ek saath dekhe tak nahi."

He was as excited as her, but was trying to control himself as they were in open place, "Naina, bike pe baitho jaldi se."

Please excuse for the short update today... am having an extremely busy day, stuck at work, can't type more... but I didn't want you all to go without the evening dose so here's it... sorry again.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें