Care

Sameer loved the library sessions. It being a college library, hardly any student was interested to visit. And if some lost soul did come once in a while, it was always to issue books or return them. Only one person had mastered the art of sitting and studying there... Naina.

And now it was a rule for Sameer too. He would have done it even if he had any dislike for it... because Naina wanted him to... but the fact was that he enjoyed it as much as their evening meetings in the ground.

The way she always shifted closer to him while explaining something... the way she leaned behind him while he was sitting, to check if he was making the right graphs... the way she shook his hand when he got lost in her... the way she put the end of the pen between her teeth, thinking or revising... the way she rubbed her forehead trying to remember something... the way she pursed her lips at him when he could not recollect what she had been teaching the previous minute... the way she squealed, after completing a chapter before time, spreading her arms to hug him, and then realise where they were...

Whatever she did, she made his heart go crazy. Not being able to resist, he tried to steal small moments of romancing his girl in between... which he could, being Sameer.

Because of their regular efforts and hard work, they were able to complete whatever Sameer had missed because of his game in a few weeks. He diligently finished all assignments and notes.

The day they closed the notebooks after the revision was also done, Naina felt very proud of Sameer. He was an average student in school. She had never seen him in their school library. And now, on her insistence, he had studied hard in first year, surprising even himself with his marks. His efforts of last few days had left no doubt in Naina's mind that this year too, he'll excel.

They left for their respective hostels, looking forward to the  evening meeting, as today, after a long time, they need not discuss books at all.

Sameer, finding it difficult to stay in the room, reached much before her.  By the time Naina came, he had paced more than hundred times in the small space.

"Kya Naina, kab se intezaar kar raha hun aur tum ab aa rahi ho?" His frustration was clearly visible.

"Main toh roz ke samay pe hi aayi hun, Sameer... tum kab se kyon intezaar kar rahe the? " She gave him a perplexed look.

Though he had managed a few moments, but Naina's ban on romance had contributed to his frustration.

In a flash he was close to her, " Intezaar toh maine bohot kiya hai... pehle tumhara... phir tumhare saath ka... phir tumhare pyar ka... aur abhi bhi kar raha hun... ",  he pointed towards his cheek.

" Achcha, aur tumhe lagta hai tumhara intezaar abhi se khatam ho jaayega ",  she was ready to tease.

" Agar tum nahi khatam karogi toh main khud kar dunga",  he kept a finger on her cheek.

Naina's face turned into beetroot red.

She turned her back to him.

Sameer came closer to her ear and whispered,  "Muh mod ke khade hone ke liye aayi ho?"

" Tum aisi baatein mat karo na, " Naina said in low voice.

"Theek hai, baatein nahi karunga... aisa kaam kar lu?" His voice changed.

She could not speak or move.

Sameer stepped back and sat down,  "Achcha baba, ab aa jao... aisa laal laal hoke mat khadi raho... yahan aake baitho, please Naina. "

With a thudding heart, Naina sat, keeping more distance between them.

Sameer sighed and looked up at the sky, "Hey bhagwan, pata nahi mera kya hoga? "

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें