Money

Sameer drove her to the hilly area where they often went. He parked his bike away from the road and holding her hand, quickly walked to the edge.

Once there, he looked at the city down below, "Yeh dekh rahi ho, Naina... Mumbai ko sapno ka sheher kehte hain... aaj tumne bhi apne sapne poore karne ki shuruaat yahan se ki hai... aaj tum sach mein udne lagi ho, Naina... dekho, ye sab tumhare neeche reh gaya."

He turned towards her. Naina saw the wetness in his eyes.

She cupped his face, "Sameer, aaj hum dono yahan hain... iss unchai pe... aur iski khushi tumhari aankhon mein nazar aa rahi hai."

The controlled emotions could not remain restricted anymore... and he crushed her in his arms, tears escaping his eyes.

She stood on toes to reach his shoulder, burying her face in his neck.

Sameer let his tears wet her hair as she rubbed his back gently.

They stood together for a long time, happy and emotional... letting the feeling of this achievement sink in.

Finally, he stepped back, still holding her close.

"Toh?" He looked at her, the glint in his eyes back.

Naina was surprised, "Toh? Toh kya?"

He gripped her waist, "Toh apne pati ke saath aaj kaise celebrate karne wali ho?"

Naina went crimson at his tone, lowering her eyes.

"Bolo na", he touched his nose to her cheek.

Her pet butterflies were back to fluttering their huge wings in her stomach.

"Arre batao na... tab toh bade pyaar se pati ki tareef kar rahi thi", he pulled her closer, breathing against her ear.

"Sameer, please... ", she shivered as he let his lips move along the edge of her ear.

"Aaj tumne pehli baar doosron ke samne apna pati maana hai mujhe, Naina", his heavy voice made her heart flip.

His one hand slowly moved to the small of her back, pressing her more, the other one going up to free the hair.

As the soft waves cascaded down her back, Sameer nuzzled behind her ear, softly calling out her name.

"Ab pati ko kaise rokogi", his voice had turned husky.

Naina clutched his shirt, feeling the goosebumps ready to burst as he lightly nibbled her earlobe.

Just as abruptly as he had drawn her to himself, Sameer held her shoulders and stepped back, creating distance between them.

She was thankful for his strong hold, or she would have collapsed on the hard, stony floor, her legs too weak to support the weight.

Breathing heavily, she looked at him, confused.

"Yeh bas ek chota sa trailer tha... ek baar sach mein pati ban jaunga tab baaki ki picture dekhna." He winked.

Her face turned red hot... closing her eyes, she held onto his wrists tighter as the deafening sound of drumming heart pounded her ears.

Sameer stood watching her... he could not tell her how much his own system had turned topsy turvy... stepping back when he did was the toughest thing he had ever done... and now, as she stood in front of him with closed eyes, her skin emitting the heat that reached out to burn him up... he pressed his lower lip under the teeth to stop its quivering.

Gaining control on themselves, they sat together on the edge of the hill after a while, looking down at the widely spread city.

"Main itne saare paison ka kya karungi, Sameer?" Naina was still not able to believe that she was carrying a cheque of fifty thousand rupees in her bag.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें