Roshni

Naina opened the cupboard to look for the sewing kit.

"Sameer, tum jaake button dhund ke lao... main jaldi se laga deti hun." She said over her shoulder.

Sameer went back to the living room, going down on all fours to search for the fallen buttons. When he found the three, he took them back to Naina.

She exhaled in relief, "Shukar hai teeno mil gaye... warna aise button toh abhi kahin se laa bhi nahi paate."

He started to open the remaining buttons on his shirt.

"Kya kar rahe ho?" Naina asked in panic.

He looked at her, perplexed, "Shirt de raha hun... button lagane ke liye... Ramdhari toh aise hi lagata tha."

Naina slapped her forehead, "Main Ramdhari nahi hun... mere samne bina shirt ke khade rahoge?"

He shrugged, "Haan, pehli baar thodi aise dekhogi mujhe."

She gritted her teeth, noticing the glint in his eyes, "Chup chap idhar aake khade ho... main aise hi laga dungi."

He stepped closer, standing right in front of her. Naina inserted the thread in the needle and after securing it at one end, turned with a button in her hand.

She realised how wrong her decision of doing it this way was... a huge lump in the throat restricted her breathing as her eyes were at the level of his open shirt.

She gulped and tried to focus on the panel where she had to attach the button. With shaking hands, she started to sew it, forcing her gaze to stay at one place.

As the first one was done, Naina bent her head out of habit to cut the remaining thread with her teeth. Her cheek touched his chest again, making her erupt in goosebumps.
She straightened instantly, stealing a glance at him... Sameer was looking at her with a crooked smile.

Going completely red, she focussed on the second one... the moment her eyes shifted lower, she knew it would be an arduous task. Standing sideways, with her shoulder toward him, she took a deep breath and started the work. After the button was secured, she turned to pick up the scissor from the sewing kit, not wanting to repeat the previous mistake.

She didn't have to look up to feel his burning eyes.

Third one was a challenge. She swallowed, holding his shirt with shaking hands... resulting in a prick of the needle on her finger the moment she started.

"Ahh", she quickly placed the finger in her mouth.

Sameer caught her wrist, " Kya hua? Lag gaya tumhe? Dikhao... khoon aa raha hai kya?"

Shaking her head, she checked the finger.

"Kuch nahi... bas zara sa lag gaya tha... tum seedhe khade raho." She replied without looking at him.

Again she let the needle make another loop to attach the button. As it neared the shirt, Sameer let out a soft scream, jerking his body backward.

"Sameer, chubha tumhe? Sorry, kahan laga?" Forgetting everything, she quickly bent down to check on his abdomen. Seeing no mark anywhere, she looked up.

Sameer stood grinning.

"Tum... ", her face went scarlet as she turned her back to him indignantly.

Laughing, Sameer held her shoulders, "Naina, tum itna kyon ghabra rahi ho... main hi toh hu... tumhara Sameer... itni baar dekh chuki ho aise... ek baar aur dekh logi toh kya hoga?"

She gasped, "Yeh... yeh kya keh rahe ho?"

He wrapped his arms around her waist, "Meri bholi Naina, agar aise hi kaanpte hue hathon se button lagaogi toh lag sakti hai... tum aaram se lagao... bina dare dekho jitna dekhna hai... mujhe koi problem nahi hai."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें