Alu Paranthe

The moment Naina stepped out of the bathroom, the door opened again.

"Naina, kitni whistle aani chahiye itne alu mein... maine itne pehle kabhi ubale nahi toh pakka nahi hai." Sonali gave a sheepish smile.

"Ek whistle ke baad paanch saat minute ke liye gas kam kar dena. Utna kaafi hoga." Naina had enough experience of making things in larger quantities owing to the size of her family which always included taiji.

Sonali nodded in relief and went away.

While brushing her hair, Naina noticed a stain on the front of her yellow dress. Looking down at it, she realised that probably the colour of some other clothes had bled into it. Thankfully, she was carrying spare outfits, as chachiji had always emphasised. Taking out the white suit from her bag, Naina thought of changing in the room itself as the bathroom was wet. She locked the door and changed into the alternate outfit.

As she pulled up the zipper of her kurta, something stuck right in the center. She tried hard but the zip did not move up. Bringing her hair over one shoulder, she tried to check in the mirror with her back to it but could not see what was blocking the zip from sliding up smoothly.

She was wondering whether to take off the kurta and check or change back into the same yellow dress when there was a knock again at the door.

"Shukr hai, Sonali se hi karwa leti hun." She walked to the door, relieved.

Sameer smiled as she opened.

With a flip of her heart, Naina tried to shut it back but he held the door.

"Naina, kya hua?" He could see her nervousness.

"Sameer, tum zara Sonali ko bula do, please." She stood in the center of the door, blocking his way.

"Sonali toh abhi abhi bathroom mein gayi hai... aur Rahul market gaya hai... tum mujhe batao kya kaam hai... kya chahiye tumhe?" He was sure she had some problem.

"Oh... achha fir tum jao... main dekh lungi... tum bahar baitho." She said with a glum face.

As Naina tried to close the door, Sameer pushed it open and entered, closing it behind him.

She looked up in horror and started to step back.

He raised his palms to her, "Dekho Naina, jo bhi problem hai tum mujhe bata sakti ho... main koshish karunga tumhari madad karne ki."

"Tum... tum nahi kar sakte." She gulped, taking small, slow steps back.

The panic on her face and uneasiness with which she was clutching her kurta was indication enough for him. He started to move closer when Naina stopped him.

"Ruk jao, Sameer, idhar nahi aana... please... yeh problem tumhare saamne batane ki nahi hai... tum jao na... main khud dekh lungi." She almost pleaded.

He was seriously worried now... she seemed to be in some sort of distress. He ignored her request and took another step towards her. Naina moved back further.

And he saw it.

His eyes caught the image as she stood with her back to the mirror... with her hair in front, the view of her back clearly showed the open zip... the panels started to seperate just a little above her waist, getting wider as his eyes went up. The skin on her back, along with a band of white contraption in the center was in his range of vision.

"Main kar dun?" He asked softly.

"Ky... kya kardo?" She was alarmed.

"Jo tumse nahi ho raha." He hesitantly pointed at his back.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें