Dooriyan

"Naina, tum ho na?" He knew she was there... he could hear her breathing.

"Haan, theek ho na tum?" She feared he was unwell or something had happened.

"Nahi, theek nahi hun," he said in a low voice.

She was worried, "Kya hua, Sameer? Tumhari tabiyat kharab hai kya?"

"Tabiyat theek hai... tumhe miss kar raha hun." He breathed into the phone.

She was quiet, as the meaning of his words dawned on her.

"Abhi aa jaun?" He said slowly.

"Yahan? Nahi, nahi... yahan mat aana, Sameer," she panicked.

"Daro nahi, main jaanta hun wahan nahi aa sakta." He pacified her.

Naina took a breath of relief... she could not put it beyond him until he himself assured her.

"Umm... Naina, ek baat puchu?" He was a little hesitant.

"Pucho na?" She was surprised at his hesitation.

"Tumne woh rang... woh jo laga tha... tumhare baalon mein... woh hai abhi?"

She touched her hair parting. While  washing her face, she had removed it, though with great reluctance. Now that the protection of maang tika was not there, if anyone came to the room while she was sleeping, it could be seen. She didn't want to bring any situation where she had to give explanation for anything.

"Umm... hatana pada... agar kisi ko dikh jaata toh mushkil ho jaati." She sadly replied.

"Tum udaas mat ho... thode dino baad tum jab chaho laga sakti ho... jaise aaj Rahul aur Sonali ki shaadi hui hai, humari bhi bohot jaldi ho jaayegi." His words held a promise that calmed her heart.

She smiled, "Tum toh aaj hi bhabhi se tilak lagwa ke dulha banna chahte the."

"Main toh aaj dulha hi hun... aur tum meri dulhan." His voice sent a current through her.

"Lekin hum kisi ko bata nahi sakte na." She reminded him.

"Par humein toh pata hai." He said, the suggestive tone making her shiver again.

She stayed quiet.

"Mujhe kuch aur baatein bhi puchni hai." He was not hesitant anymore.

"Hmm," she could sense it won't be easy for her.

"Tum aaj mere chune se darr kyon gayi?" He was still wondering.

Naina tried to remember which moment he was talking about... it had been a day which she would remember all her life... his touches had evoked such feelings in her that the mere thought made the presence of a painful knot in her stomach much more prominent. But she could not recall which moment he was talking about.

"Kab... aaj toh... " She didn't know how to ask him.

"Jab Sonali ke jaane ke waqt tum ro rahi thi aur maine tumhe pakda tha." He stated.

Her eyebrows furrowed... that was the time he had given her the comfort she needed... why would he say that she was scared.

"Sameer, main kyon darti uss samay? Tab toh tum sirf mujhe sahara de rahe the." She was confused.

"Nahi Naina, tum mere chune se aise nahi karti... aur aaj jo bhi hua... uske baad sirf kandhe pe haath rakhne se tum aise ghabra gayi." He reminded.

Her heart fell to the pit of her stomach... she remembered... he had pressed her exactly on the mark he had given her... her hand went to the spot on her shoulder and she pressed. A gasp of pain escaped her lips again.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें