Dilwale

After a lot of searching, this was the best pic I could get... though it's a dress, you can imagine a dupatta with it... the hair is exactly like I wanted to show.

Naina stepped out of the washroom, checking if anyone was there. The silence prevailing in the house confirmed that it was vacant. She waved to Sameer to come out, asking him to leave quickly. Sameer gave the packet Rahul had given for Sonali and moved to the main entrance. As he reached there, he grabbed Naina behind the door again to give a quick kiss on her cheek, letting his hands roam freely on her back.

"Sameer, koi aa jayega," she tried to move out of his grip.

"Toh? Biwi ho meri," he grinned, loving the feel of the word.

"Par kisi ko pata nahi hai na abhi... aur bata bhi nahi sakte." She explained in a tone as if she was talking to a child.

"Uss din ka intezar mujhe kitni besabri se hai yeh main tumhe ussi din bataunga." He mumbled against her neck.

She dipped her head to the side, trying to avoid his touch that was again setting her pulse racing.

"Please jao, Sameer... mujhe toh yeh bhi nahi pata Sonali aur Mala didi kahan hain aur kab aayenge... unhone dekha toh theek nahi hoga." She placed her hands on his chest, pushing him.

Her action made his eyes slip lower than her face again... and Naina was  suddenly aware of her dupatta less state. She turned to go but his arms did not let her move away. Her fisted hand slowly moved to rest on the dipping neckline. Sameer bit the corner of his lip, bending a little to kiss her forehead before leaving.

After he was gone, Naina stood in front of the mirror... her fingers reached the colour in her hair... a smile crept up on her lips.

"Yeh kya hua kuch samajh nahi aaya, bhagwanji... aise achanak aapne ek pal mein mujhe saari khushiyan de di... main aur Sameer... iss tarah..."

The small dot seemed to be the only thing she could see in the entire mirror... her own image fading away.

She wondered where Sonali was... she was supposed to be here, getting ready with Mala didi... then, how they just disappeared... how Sameer came at the time they were not present... how did he know she was in this room... how he heard her voice from the bathroom... why did he have a tilak on his forehead... a mere touch of his tilak to her hair... could they really be called married... but she could not let him wipe it off... why... chachiji had always given so much importance to sindoor, always worn it with love and respect... the meaning of a parting filled with red was forever synonymous to belonging to someone... and a strange twist of fate had put a stamp on their relationship today... she had always belonged to Sameer, and he to her... and they had the blessing of her family, well, half her family... but still, the fear clutched her heart sometimes... maybe today was the sign from the one who was controlling everything from far above... a sign that her fate was permanently joined with Sameer... they were meant to be one... always... forever...

The questions were far too many... the coincidences were unbelievable... but her heart had more faith in the miracle that had changed her from Naina Agarwal to Naina Sameer Maheshwari in an instant.

She picked up a mang tika from Sonali's jewellery box and arranged it in the center parting of her hair... hiding his mark from the world... for now.

Sonali came back with the beautician shortly and while she changed into her bridal outfit, Naina got her dupatta arranged properly to hide the back... adjusting the border in front to cover the deep neck. The material not being sheer made the hesitation of wearing it in front of everyone go away.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें