Promise

"Kyaaa?" Naina screamed, getting up from the bed where the two of them were sitting.

Swati pulled at her arm, trying to cover her mouth with the other hand, "Pagal hai kya? Itni zor se kyon chilla rahi hai? Abhi teri taiji aa jayengi o bai karti hui."

She sat back with a thud, "Teri sagai ho rahi hai aur tu mujhe ab bata rahi hai? Jab yeh sab chal raha tha tab khyaal nahi aaya ki ek bachpan ki dost hai teri jise tu ab tak har baat sabse pehle batati thi... aaj itni badi baat mujhe saari duniya ke baad pata chal rahi hai."

Swati could understand her anger. They had been best friends since the first day of school, sharing everything with each other. Swati was the first one to know about Sameer, when Naina had incurably fallen for him in the first glance. Swati had been there to console her when Sameer's indifference shattered her. When Naina was torn between choosing to live with her family and friends or run away from more heartache by accepting the scholarship from Mumbai University, Swati had helped her reach a decision... of leaving Ahmedabad... as she was aware how much pain Naina had suffered in accepting the fact that she was nobody for Sameer... not even a classmate. The decision of separating from her best friend had been excruciating for her... but it was needed for Naina. What happened in Mumbai was a different story altogether. Maybe, it was her friend's destiny. When she had given up all hope, luck smiled... and she found the love of her life.

Coming back to present, Swati saw Naina still sulking.

Wrapping her arms around her friend's neck, she tried to pacify her, "Tujhe surprise dena tha na... pehle kaise batati?"

Naina was not ready to forgive her, "Surprise? Itna kuch hua... ghar pe itna jhagda hua... Munna ne apne papa ke thappad khaye... aur tu intezaar karti rahi ki mujhe surprise degi?"

"Naina, kaise baat karti tujhse? Meri mummy bhi pehle thodi gussa hui thi... hum gujarati hain aur Munna marwadi... par baad mein maan gayi... lekin jab tak Munna ke ghar wale nahi mane tab tak mera ghar se nikalna band tha... mummy ne kaha ab main Munna se tabhi mil sakti hun jab uska parivaar bhi haan kehde... kaise aati tujhe STD karne?" She explained the situation.

Naina pursed her lips at Swati for a moment, then hugged her tight, "Main bohot khush hun tere liye... tera pyaar shaadi mein badalne jaa raha hai... woh bhi ghar walon ke ashirwad ke saath."

Swati told her all about how Munna had struggled to make his family agree to this alliance. Naina was proud of Munna. Somehow, she had never seen him as someone who could be so strong... he always appeared to be a happy go lucky person. In fact, when she came to know about him proposing to Swati, she was not sure if her friend should get serious about him. There was no doubt about him being a great person... but whether he was dependable enough... Naina hoped for the best for Swati.

But Munna had proved her fears baseless. He stood firmly for his love in front of his family.

And now her best friend was ready to take the first step towards a life long commitment with the person she loved.

Naina was ecstatic. She started making plans with her for the ceremony.

Preeti joined them shortly. She had gone for the makeup and hair styling classes she had enrolled for, during the college vacations.

The girls animatedly discussed the outfits and styles for the engagement.

Naina was especially excited about Sameer being a part of the ceremony.

When Sameer called in the night, she eagerly told him about Munna and Swati getting engaged.

"Mujhe pata hai, Naina... Munna ne bataya tha".

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें