Surprise

Naina was elated at being able to buy something for Sameer. This kind of freedom, of having your own money... and spending it the way you want... is what she always wanted in life.

She paid for his clothes and they left.

Sameer did not refuse anything that Naina selected for him. He could see how much satisfaction she got from buying for him. Her happiness was utmost for him.

They reached the college when it had started to get dark.

As Naina turned to go, he called out, "Naina suno".

She looked back.

" Umm... ek baar ground mein aake milogi? Bas thodi der ke liye... please", he looked at her hopefully.

"Aur haan... isi dress mein aana", he added.

She nodded without hesitation and left for her room.

Sameer ran to his room too.

Once inside, Naina placed the award on her table... stepping back to admire it. How happy chachaji, chachiji and Preeti will be, when she'll call them up.

She quickly fteshened up and moved out again.

Sameer was there... in his white shirt... looking more handsome than ever.

Naina could not take her eyes off him. She didn't want to.

Sameer was pleased to see what he was hoping to see.

Suddenly, Naina remembered something, " Sameer, abhi yeh button kaise band kiye?"

He was caught.

Scratching his head, he wrinkled his nose, "Woh... waha... main mazak kar raha tha."

Naina fisted her hand to hit his arm but he held her wrist.

"Maine toh bas hisaab barabar kiya tha", he cleared.

Naina narrowed her eyes, " Kaisa hisaab? "

"Tumne aaj lip gloss kyon lagaya tha?" His low voice made her freeze.

She stared... her white dress reflection in his eyes matching with the shirt he was wearing.

"Pata hai aaj tum kitni sundar lag rahi ho... dil nahi bhar raha tumhe dekhne se", he whispered.

" Tum bhi bohot achche lag rahe ho iss shirt mein", Naina's voice was softer.

His eyes sparkled.

"Tumhari dress se matching shirt isiliye liya hai... tumhare rang mein jo rang gaya hun", his hand moved from her wrist to clasp around her hand.

His eyes turned soft, " Naina, aaj mujhe tumpe itna abhimaan ho raha hai... tumne sirf apni soch duniya ko batayi hi nahi balki sabko uss soch ka saath dene ke liye majboor bhi kiya... tabhi toh tumhare article ko award mila... jitni tum bahar se sundar ho utna hi tumhara dil sundar hai... aur iss sundar dil mein mere liye jagah hai yehi mere liye duniya ki sabse badi khushi hai. "

Her eyes remained fixed on him as her lips curved into a smile. She did not realise the movement till his hand, holding hers, came in the line of her vision.

He was slowly bringing her hand towards his lips... her heart hammered against the ribcage.

She looked at their joined hands, then into his eyes... and her gaze slipped to his lips.

Breathing hard, she waited till she could feel his breath on the back of her hand... and jerked it out of his hold.

Giving a shy smile, she ran from there, stopping a few steps away to look back and blew a kiss to him, before running back to her room.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें