Measurements

"Tumne bataya kyon nahi ki iss film mein Salman Khan bhi hai?" She groused... they were having nariyal paani at a roadside stall.

"Mujhe hi kahan pata tha." He muttered.

"Khud se kya baat kar rahe ho... bolo mujhe kyon nahi bataya", she repeated.

"Surprise achha laga na tumhe... bas isiliye nahi bataya, " he gave a fake smile.

She burst out laughing, "Sameer, tum jhooth bhi nahi bol sakte... dikh raha hai surprise mere liye tha ya tumhare liye... itni kya problem hai tumhe Salman se?"

He smiled, "Pehle kaafi problem thi lekin ab nahi hai."

She widened her eyes, not able to believe that The Always Jealous Sameer Maheshwari was comfortable today with the fact that she talked about a film star so fondly.

"Arre waah... aur aisa hua kaise... matlab aap toh khud se bhi jalne walon mein se hain", she raised her brows with a sarcastic smile.

He moved closer, "Tumne hi toh kiya... aaj tum mujhe choote hi mujh mein itna kho gayi ki screen pe Salman hai yeh bhi bhool gayi."

She was reminded of the way he had held her hand pressed on his leg... a blush crept up again on her face.

He gloated, "Ab mere liye aise laal hoti rahogi toh kisi se jalne ki kya zaroorat hai."

"Chalein?" She kept the empty coconut aside, eager to leave so that she could hide her red face behind him.

Sameer started the bike waiting for her to sit comfortably.

She sat with her hands on his shoulders.

"Aise nahi, pehle jaise baitho na", he looked back.

She slid one hand around his waist, taking the other under his arm to rest on his shoulder from front.

"Ab theek hai?" She looked into the mirror where he was watching her.

He nodded, smiling contentedly.

They decided to have lunch at a restaurant on the way.

"Tum aage se college ki taraf mat mudna... wahan se seedhe jaa ke jo market aati hai wahan chalo", she directed him as they started back after lunch.

"Shopping karni hai tumhe?" He took the road she was asking for.

She smiled, "Shopping toh nahi par kuch kaam hai."

The place was not far. They reached in a few minutes.

"Yeh toh choti si market hai Naina... yahan se kya kaam hai tumhe?" Sameer looked around, not very happy with the small shops lined up in front.

"Peeche ki taraf ek tailor hai jo bohot achhe kapde banata hai... mujhe Sonali ne bataya tha... wahin jana hai, " she elaborated.

"Oh! Par banwana kya hai? Tumhare paas toh kuch hai hi nahi,"  he observed.

"Uske paas piece bhi hote hain... wahin se le lungi... ab enquiry ho gayi ho toh chalein?" She tilted her head at him.

He never liked the idea of Naina going to a tailor. Just a few minutes back he had been able to take Salman Khan out of his green zone and now this tailor... he frowned and followed her.

Naina walked to the back lane, searching for the shop Sonali had suggested. It was right in the center of the rows of small shop... much bigger than the other ones. Four people sat inside with machines, working non stop with different types of colourful fabrics. One middle aged person stood outside, next to a table, measuring a red coloured piece of cloth.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें