Bonding

Naina ran to the kitchen, trying unsuccessfully to hide her red face from the two girls waiting there.

"Lo, aa gayi hamari behen, phir se tamaatar banke",  Preeti nudged her.

Swati whispered, coming closer to Naina, " Abhi kiss kiya kya? "

She earned a smack on her shoulder.

As Sameer walked out towards the sofa, Munna got up and side hugged him, "Ho gayi shanti?  Mil liya bhabhi se?"

Sameer gave a dejected smile, "Abhi to sirf Naina ko yakeen aaya hai ki main sach mein yahan hun... koi sapna nahi hun."

Munna teased, "Toh iska matlab bhabhi tere sapno mein khoi hui thi?"

Sameer sat down heavily on the sofa.

The girls prepared cold coffee and brought out the plates of pakode, mathri, biscuits and chakli... along with glasses of cold coffee.

Munna Pandit were seeing Naina closely after one year... in school, they always admired her resilience and intelligence, in spite of regular teasings from fellow classmates and continuous bashing from her father.
They were never friends with her but whenever they asked for any help in studies or homework, she never refused. She had even saved them from the wrath of her father when they had accidentally broken the headlight of his old scooter... lying in the process... something which she never did.

"Kaisi hai Naina? " Munna gave her a warm smile.

Next moment, he received a smack on his head.

Pandit stood behind him, "Abe Naina nahi hai woh. "

Munna looked at Pandit in confusion, then looked back at Naina and rubbed his eyes. Others also looked puzzled at Pandit's declaration.

"Andha ho gaya hai kya ponga? Naina nahi hai to kaun hai yeh? " Munna shouted at him.

" Arre, ab woh bhabhi hai... Naina toh school mein thi... waise tab bhi nahi thi... tabhi se bhabhi hai... par hamein tab pata nahi tha... ab pata chala... ab se hamesha ke liye bhabhi... sirf bhabhi",  clarified Pandit, folding his hands and bending down in front of her.

Everyone laughed. Naina was overwhelmed to know that Sameer had told them about his feelings for her since their school days.

As everyone settled to enjoy the treat prepared by the girls, Munna indicated to Swati and she came and sat with him. They started eating from the same plate. Sameer looked at Naina and she looked down, blushing.

"Waise bhabhi toh do mil gayi mujhe... ab ek girlfriend bhi mil jaati toh samose ki kasam... mazaa aa jaata",  Pandit voiced his wish, stuffing his mouth with food.

" Tujhe khaane se fursat mile toh koi girlfriend banayega na... pet toh bharta nahi tera... dil ka number kaise lagega? " Munna pulled his leg, making everyone laugh.

They all enjoyed the food. Naina and Swati picked up the dishes, taking them back to the kitchen, as Preeti got up to look for some movie that they could watch together. She decided to play 'Baazigar',  announcing her choice, not giving anyone a chance to go against it.  While she went about to set the VCR, Sameer walked upto her.

"Preeti, suno... ", he was hesitant, not sure how she will react.

" Kya hua jijaji?  Aapko kuch chahiye?" Preeti was surprised to see him getting nervous.

"Woh... tumse kuch puchna tha... gussa mat karna please",  he pleaded.

" Aap mujhse kuch bhi puch sakte hain, jijaji... aapki yeh saali hamesha aapke saath hai", she gave him a wide smile, full of assurance.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें