Rang

"Sonu, tu aur Naina aaj lunch ke baad neeche wale ghar mein chale jao... shaam ko wahin taiyar hona... warna lehenga pehen ke yeh saari seedhiyan utarne mein mushkil aayegi." Bhabhi came to Sonali's room with the suggestion.

Sonali was worried, "Par bhabhi humara saara samaan toh yahin hai... leke kaise jaayenge?"

Bhabhi brought down the suitcase kept on top of her cupboard, "Main rakhwa dungi... tum dono shaam ke kapde nikal lo aur jo bhi saath ka samaan hai... main bhijwa deti hun... neeche ka kamra ready karwa diya hai."

Naina and Sonali set about to get their things packed in the suitcase. It wasn't much difficult as the shifting was only for one night. Next day both Sonali and Naina had to leave the house.

After lunch, Sonali set aside all her jewelry and accessories that she would need in the evening, along with the heavy bridal outfit.

Naina had decided to wear her hair open, getting them set into soft curls at the end. She chose a simple pearl necklace and not much accessories.

In the evening, a small pooja was performed in Rahul's house. His mother called Sameer to sit with them and put a tilak on him too, along with her sons.

When they were in their room, Rahul took out a small packet from his drawer.

"Sameer, ek kaam kar de... maine Sonali ke liye kuch liya hai... usse deke aana hai.... abhi toh paanch hi baje hain... tu de aayega?" Rahul looked at him hopefully.

Sameer jumped at the chance, "Ismein puchna kya hai... abhi jaata hun."

Before Rahul could say anything else, he was out with the packet in hand.

Since it took much longer for the bride to get ready, Sonali had started dressing up. Mala didi, the beautician told Naina to dress up too as her hair would take time. Though Naina was sure she won't take too long, she gave in to the insistence of Sonali and Mala didi.

She picked up her clothes and went to the washroom.

Bhabhi entered the house the same moment, "Sonu, chal zara upar ghar ke mandir mein pooja karni hai... tere baal toh ho gaye hain... aake tu lehenga pehen lena... tab tak Mala mujhe taiyar kar degi... tujhse pehle toh mujhe bahar jaana hai na dulhe ki aarti karne."

"Naina main thodi der mein aati hun, darwaza band kar lena." Sonali called out before leaving.

Sonali and Mala left with bhabhi.

Naina closed the tap after washing her face... the sound of water drowned Sonali's voice. She changed into her lehenga. She could only tie the top and bottom dori of her blouse, leaving the two in the center open.

Sameer entered the building. He was about to go up the stairs when something caught his eye. Looking through the slightly ajar door of the house on his right, he noticed a maroon dupatta lying on the bed... the one with Naina's lehenga.

"Yeh yahan kaise aaya? Yeh toh Naina ka hai," he wondered, knocking lightly on the door.

There was no answer.

He peeped in... there was no one.

"Pata nahi kaise aaya... yahan koi hai bhi nahi... upar le jaata hun Naina ke paas." He picked up the dupatta and turned towards the door.

"Mala didi, Sonali... aap dono mein se koi aake zara meri help kardo."

Naina's voice stopped him in his track.

"Naina yahan kyon hai? Woh toh upar Sonali ke saath reh rahi thi na." His mind was clouded with confusion.

"Sonali aa na please, help karde zara, yeh mujhse nahi ho raha." Naina opened the bathroom door, calling out.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें