Blessing

"Naina, mere kamre mein chalogi? Tumhe kuch dikhana chahta hun." Sameer looked at her hopefully.

She smiled and tilted her head sideways to show her acceptance.

Holding her hand, Sameer took her to his room.

"Tum baitho, main abhi aaya." He waved at the couch and ran out.

Naina kept staring at the door for a few seconds, then turned and looked around. His room was much bigger than hers and Preeti's room. A huge picture of maybe last two years of school  or a bit earlier adorned the wall over his bed. She smiled.

Sameer and his self obsession.

A round mirror was on the opposite wall... with a chest of drawers below it. A couch was placed in the center, next to a small table where the phone was placed.

His study table had very few books. Most of the space was taken by cassettes of movie songs. One walkman was kept in the corner. On the shelf above the table was a frame with a happy picture of Sameer with nanaji. They both were looking at each other and smiling... a smile that reached their eyes and reflected in the glow on their faces.
Naina picked up the frame and lightly moved her fingers on it... then kept it back.

There was another frame where he stood between Munna and Pandit, his arms around their shoulders. All three were brightly smiling at the camera.

Sameer had placed the gift she had given him between the two frames.

The small shelf held his entire world.

His towel was still on the back of the chair. Naina touched it and found it to be damp. She looked around... there was no place to put it for drying. She went to the bathroom and placed it on the metal stand fixed on the wall.

As she came out, Sameer entered the room. Seeing her coming out of the bathroom, he asked, "Naina, tumhe bathroom use karna hai? Yeh  abhi Ramdhari ne saaf nahi kiya toh geela hoga... main tumhe upar wale bathroom mein le chalta hun."

"Main toh bas tumhara towel sukhane gayi thi... yaha kursi pe pada tha", she explained.

Sameer raised one eyebrow, "Achha,  apne ghar ka aur pati ka bada khyaal rakha jaa raha hai."

He never failed to turn her into a tomato... whatever he did or said.

Coming closer, he took her hand and made her stand in front of the mirror.

Naina noticed through the mirror that he was holding a packet. He brought out a beautiful saree from the packet.

She turned towards him, admiring the saree, "Kitni sundar saree hai Sameer... kiski hai?"

He made her turn again... and wrapped the saree around her shoulders... Taking the pallu, he placed it on her head.

Naina held onto the pallu...

They looked at each other in the mirror.

"Ye saree meri nani ki hai... ab tumhari ho gayi", he squeezed her shoulders lightly.

She looked at the saree in amazement, then back at him, "Sameer, yeh... yeh... kaise... "

He could understand her confusion, "Ek baar nanu ne mujhe ye di thi... school khatam hone ke baad"

He remembered that day...

Flashback :

Sameer entered his grandfather's room, "Nanu, apne mujhe bulaya?"

The old man smiled warmly, indicating Sameer to come and sit next to him, "Aaja mera bachha, aaj tujhse kuch baat karne ka man kar raha tha."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें