Bye

They reached the college late
afternoon. Naina promised to call him when she reached Ahmedabad.

With a heavy heart, Sameer entered his room. He did not want to go.The suitcase was already packed. He adjusted the gifts he had brought for Munna Pandit. Checking his watch, he realised he had about five minutes to leave. He sat down heavily on the bed...

Naina felt a sudden emptiness engulf her. She had been staying alone in this room... still it felt as if something had been snatched away. The feeling, the assurance that Sameer was just a few steps from here, brought a sense of belonging to this place.

One day without him seemed too long.

As the outside light started fading away, she went out to the balcony. The railing, the pipe, everything brought tears to her eyes...

The tree seemed to be sad too, as it stood... rooted... waiting...

Naina could not stay in the room. She fled... out to the ground... stopping only when she reached the tree. And the dam burst.

Sitting at their usual place, her back resting, she continued to cry for a long time, thinking about the increasing distance between them as the train took him away from her. Darkness gradually started falling... with a few stars becoming visible.

Lost in thoughts of Sameer and the moments they had spent here, she kept staring into the darkness, face wet with tears.

"Naina"... His voice.

She jerked her head... he was there.

Sameer was standing in front of her.

She got up and ran to him. Wrapping her arms tight, she completely plastered herself against him, a fresh flow of tears running down her eyes.

Sameer held her close, giving the comfort she needed and drawing the solace he wanted.

They had been away for just a few hours, but the thought of him gone had made it more painful... and now that he was here, all she could think was holding him close... closer. She pressed her palms more on his back, the side of her face digging into his chest.

She could hear the drumming of his heart.

Sameer had one hand firmly around her waist as his other hand rubbed her back gently. He could feel the pressure of her hands increasing on his back.

They kept standing for a long time...  not speaking... not moving... not wanting to leave each other.

Then, Sameer slowly shifted... just enough to see her face.

Her tears stained cheeks and her swollen, red eyes clutched at his heart... and this time he gave in to the urge... bending down to kiss her forehead.

As his lips touched her skin, Naina closed her eyes... and stopped breathing.

He did not move even after the kiss... letting his lips soak in the softness of her skin... feeling the hammering of her heart against his ribs.

This time, Naina moved... shifting her face to look at him.

He was surprised to see that she was not blushing... rather, she looked at him with same passion in her eyes as he was sure his must be reflecting at this moment.

One more sentiment was added... shock... as Naina rose on her toes and kissed his forehead... her lips curling tight over his skin... her hand in his hair, bending his head to reach her lips.

His heart stopped... altogether.

This was not a simple brushing of her lips... the kiss was as tight as her hugs.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें